Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>New Childcare
fenyes007 07:57 PM 03-19-2012
Hello,
My name is Judy and I have decided to open Next Generation Child Childcare in my home in Spanish Springs. I would love your feedback as to whether or not you all think it's a good idea. I want to give back to my community so I thought it would be a good idea to open it to mostly parents who need assistance.

My husband and I will get computers to get them started on as well as the 200 children's books we have, I am so excited to get started.
Please give me feed back & tell me if you think this is a good area for what I want to do.

Thank You for your time,

God Bless
fenyes007@yahoo.com
Judy Fenyes. aka. Jude
Michael 12:12 AM 03-20-2012
Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum! I've upgraded your status. You can post freely now.
Meeko 08:48 AM 03-20-2012
When you say assistance....do you mean as in state paid tuition?
Blackcat31 09:08 AM 03-20-2012
Welcome!
MommieNana4 09:46 AM 03-20-2012
Welcome.
Sugar Magnolia 10:03 AM 03-20-2012
Welcome! I think it's a great idea! How will you do it? Through current assistance programs or grants? Regular daycare or some type of community center? Good luck and thanks for paying it forward.
fenyes007 02:25 PM 03-20-2012
My sister has a very successful one that she operates from her home with one helper and 12 kids. She has 3 that are on Government assistance Where the Government pays 80% and the parent is to pay the other 20%. My sister says its like pulling teeth trying to collect that 20%.

I would like to open my daycare with a great learning system where the parents wouldn't have to pay the 20%. Is that even possible? I want to give back but also make money too I was raised in the foster care system and know how hard it is.

I am also a first time author. My book is about my life. Child sex abuse & growing up in 13 homes in 2 years. I am a fun positive person who wants to help others. If you
are interested, my book is called SOUL SURVIVOR. You can order it at barnesandnobel.com by Judy Fenyes

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/soul...by+judy+fenyes
daycare 02:38 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by fenyes007:
My sister has a very successful one that she operates from her home with one helper and 12 kids. She has 3 that are on Government assistance Where the Government pays 80% and the parent is to pay the other 20%. My sister says its like pulling teeth trying to collect that 20%.

I would like to open my daycare with a great learning system where the parents wouldn't have to pay the 20%. Is that even possible? I want to give back but also make money too I was raised in the foster care system and know how hard it is.

I am also a first time author. My book is about my life. Child sex abuse & growing up in 13 homes in 2 years. I am a fun positive person who wants to help others. If you
are interested, my book is called SOUL SURVIVOR. You can order it at barnesandnobel.com by Judy Fenyes

I did not look at your link yet, but just reading the title makes me want to hug you....

welcome to the form...
fenyes007 02:47 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by Meeko:
When you say assistance....do you mean as in state paid tuition?
I guess. It's when the state pays for parents
who qualify for the assistance.
fenyes007 04:18 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome!
Thank You
Glad to be here.
fenyes007 04:49 PM 03-20-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I did not look at your link yet, but just reading the title makes me want to hug you....

welcome to the form...
Wow,
Thx for that. I don't think anyone has ever made me
feel that good, even at a book signing.
I hope you get a chance to get a copy.
Tomorrow I'm going to meet with The City of Reno. I
was told that I may qualify for grants to help me with the
costs of licensing among other things since
I want to work with the state. I'm so excited.
Countrygal 05:54 PM 03-20-2012
Welcome!
CheekyChick 06:01 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by fenyes007:

Welcome to the forum.

If you REALLY want to help low income families, you don't have to charge them their 20% co-pay. Meaning, the only money you will earn is the 80% the state pays you. You will still make a decent living, while "giving back" to those in need.

From my personal experience, it IS like pulling teeth trying to collect the co-pay. It might be better to not charge them, to avoid the frustration it causes to collect it.

Last comment... If you are doing littles (under 5), I don't see a need for a computer. I bought one and a little computer station and it was destroyed very quickly. Little ones like TOYS, games, books, etc. Especially large climb on type toys (Little Tikes/Step2). They also LOVE play kitchens with pretend food and little plates, cups, pots, pans, etc. If you are doing after school care, the computer would be a great idea.

You'll do great!!!
fenyes007 09:27 AM 03-22-2012
Thank You for your positive response.

You are right, I've decided not to get computers, but go with V-Tech instead. I would like to be able to teach the older kids how to read and write while in my care. I think it's real important.

I just need to see if I qualify for grant assistance first so I can get moving forward. I am very excited about this.

Thanks again for your support.

Warm Regards,
Jude
Springdaze 06:09 AM 03-23-2012
As far as State pay, I understand why you would want to do the favor of not charging the parent the copay, but remember, this is a way that the parent learns that they also have a responsibility for the care of their child. Usually its not much and you could always put that money right back into the school for supplies.
Tags:california
Reply Up