Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Parent Survey Questions?
queenbee 01:40 PM 03-21-2012
I'm in the process of creating an anonymous survey for my daycare parents. I would like to get their opinions on how they like my program, what they /like dislike, ect., ect.

It will be completely anonymous but I'm having a tough time thinking of some questions.

Has anyone ever done a survey with their daycare parents before? What type of questions should I ask?

TIA!
Meeko 11:14 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by queenbee:
I'm in the process of creating an anonymous survey for my daycare parents. I would like to get their opinions on how they like my program, what they /like dislike, ect., ect.

It will be completely anonymous but I'm having a tough time thinking of some questions.

Has anyone ever done a survey with their daycare parents before? What type of questions should I ask?

TIA!
It's up to you what questions you would ask.

I would never do this personally, for many reasons.

The parents won't feel that it's really anonymous as you may recognize their writing from their checks, contracts etc. etc.

If there is something they dislike at your day care, they should tell you in person or pull their child out.

If there are things they love about you, they should have told you without being prompted to write it down.

You may find that some of the answers bug you and yet you (maybe) won't know which parent it came from and it will drive you crazy.

As for suggestions for your day care....some parents will see this as they are allowed to shape how things run in your day care and will start to have "suggestions" on a regular basis and will be very upset when their "suggestions" or not implemented.

I have a paragraph at the end of my handbook which tells parents to please communicate with me and talk to me about any concerns they may have. For me, that's good enough.
Michael 11:24 AM 03-23-2012
Here is a similar thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42429
DCBlessings27 11:50 AM 03-23-2012
After my first few months doing care, I thought that it would be a good idea to do a survey. I handed it to a few parents, asking what they liked/disliked, would like to see. I am so lucky that none of my parents actually returned the forms to me. I don't know that I actually wanted their feedback. Also, from now on I will just evaluate my daycare by the spoken communication from the parents and my longstanding families. I must be doing something right because I will have to turn away one of my families with a pregnant mom because I have two pregnant moms. Also, the dcps of my 14mo can't wait until I'll have a spot for their other son (almost 5) in June who I watched before they had the younger brother. Other parents have referred their friends to me. Those are my ways of assessing my program--for now anyway.
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 03-23-2012
In my county, when you are up for re-licensing, the state sends out a parent questionaire to a minimum of 4 families you have in care asking them stuff about you and your program and what they like and don't like.

We are always given feedback about what parents say during our re-licensing visit.

I personally feel good knowing what they are happy with and what they aren't happy with. Gives me some idea about what I can do to make my program better. I don't HAVE to make changes (unless I am doing something against the regs) but the things I can change would go unchanged had someone not told me.

So I like the idea of parent surveys.
Tags:interview - questions, questionaire, survey
Reply Up