Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Headaches
dave4him 10:32 AM 11-15-2013
I have had the worst headaches lately. Any good ways to get rid of them??
littlemissmuffet 10:39 AM 11-15-2013
Is this a recent occurrence?

I went my entire life without headaches until 2 years ago. They progressively got worse and worse - turns out I have high blood pressure and that was the cause of the headaches. I've been on medication and have been trying to change my lifestyle since... and that's definitely helped stopped the headaches.

I recommend looking into what might be causing them instead of just focussing on treatment.

Feel better!
Leigh 10:42 AM 11-15-2013
I have migraine headaches, my most common trigger is the weather. They can be brutal. If the headaches are a recent phenomenon, I would see a doctor just to rule out a medical issue.

For my headaches, I use icepacks...one on the back of my neck, one on my shoulders, one on my forehead and one over my eyes...since I started using ice, I have dramatically cut down on the number of prescription pills I have to take for them. I read somewhere to put your feet in hot water while using icepacks on your head-I haven't tried it, but it is also supposed to help.
Willow 10:58 AM 11-15-2013
Like lmm I'd focus on sorting out cause before attempting to treat it.

-Caffeine/sugar withdrawls
-Dehydration
-Tension
-Migraine
-Allergies
-Tumor/aneurysm
-Blood pressure changes
-Cerebral spinal fluid changes

are just a few of your options, and most have specific ways to treat or you risk making it worse.

I just recently had my first really bad headache. After OTC remedies failed I went to a doctor who prescribed me muscle relaxants and gave me an anti inflammatory injection. When that didn't work I ended up in the ER, where they tried to treat it like a migraine with IV morphine, dilaudid and an injection of immitrex......those actually dialated my already maxed out blood vessels in my head and I ended up near screaming. I have never been in that much pain in all my life......I had a CT to confirm nothing was seriously (ha!) wrong upstairs and they found a raging sinus infection i had no idea i had. Basically just had to wait it out with antibiotics.

If it's a new to you thing don't hesitate getting it checked out sooner rather than later. I waited more than a week getting almost no sleep between and that definitely made things worse for me.
AcornMama 12:39 PM 11-15-2013
I have frequent headaches. My culprits are:

high blood pressure
caffeine withdrawal (where's my Dr. Pepper?)
eye muscle strain...got reading glasses earlier this year and they have helped tremendously.

Apparently, and I'm no health professional, caffeine can help even if it's not related to caffeine withdrawal. When my youngest was born my epidural didn't go well and I ended up with a "spinal headache." The nurses kept bringing me tons of coffee and pepsi, telling me that laying down and drinking caffeine would help.

I love soda and coffee, so I cling to that medical advice. Please don't anyone debunk it.
CedarCreek 12:45 PM 11-15-2013
I had never gotten headaches very much until a couple of years ago when I got my first migraine. They are terrible, I have no idea how some people walk around with them because with mine, I'm rooted to my bed.

I was getting them very frequently but then when I quit my really stressful job and started doing dc, the occurrence went WAY down. I still get them, but not as often.

The only thing that helps is a pill that was an rx from my doctor and a dark room where I nap for a couple of hours.
Laurel 04:57 PM 11-15-2013
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Besides what others have already said my daughter's migraines went away after she cut gluten out of her diet. Of course, she's had them pretty much all her life. They just didn't pop up like yours did. Still, it is an easy fix to cut it out and see if it helps.

When she did have them she said caffeine helped. She would drink a Pepsi and take Excedrin.

Laurel
Laurel 04:59 PM 11-15-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I had never gotten headaches very much until a couple of years ago when I got my first migraine. They are terrible, I have no idea how some people walk around with them because with mine, I'm rooted to my bed.

I was getting them very frequently but then when I quit my really stressful job and started doing dc, the occurrence went WAY down. I still get them, but not as often.

The only thing that helps is a pill that was an rx from my doctor and a dark room where I nap for a couple of hours.
Try eliminating gluten from your diet for a while and see if that helps.

Laurel
dave4him 07:15 PM 11-15-2013
I think soda withdraw for one, weather maybe too. I have struggled with them all of my life. But they have been bothersome
sleepinghart 09:27 AM 11-16-2013
~For right now.......only going on what you've told us and what we know so far, all I can say & recommend is 'Goody's Powders' ..

I think soda withdraw for one, weather maybe too. I have struggled with them all of my life. But they have been bothersome

~So, you recently stopped drinking all soda cold turkey....Is that what you're saying? ..Soda withdrawal will definitely do it(cause headaches)and to me, is one of, if not the, most probable cause(s). If this is the case, it should go away altogether, slowly over time, as your body adjusts. A lot of people are also experiencing headaches due to the weather right now so IMHHO that is another good possibilty. ~Does it feel like a sinus headache.....a migraine headache....or maybe a tension headache(can you tell/know the difference? -Does it feel different from the other headaches you've struggled with all your life)? ~Thanks in advance & I hope your pain vanishes soon!
dave4him 06:38 PM 11-16-2013
sinus probably
sleepinghart 03:31 PM 11-17-2013
sinus probably

~Okay. ...Have you tried any of the OTC meds like "Excedrin Sinus Headache", "Aleve/Advil Sinus Headache", etc. then? I just ask because these seem to work really well knocking out a sinus headache as opposed to any other type of analgesics/pain relievers; so I recommend.

https://www.excedrin.com/headache-pa...headache.shtml

http://aleved.com/products/sinus-and-headache/

~Coupon here in this link: http://aleved.com/index.php
Tags:headache
Reply Up