Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pneumonia
BumbleBee 11:39 AM 03-01-2016
Dcb, 11 months, went to the Dr last Thurs because of a suspected ear infection. Dr confirmed ear infection, meds, chiro and was doing fine.

He went in today for a recheck on the ear infection and while the ear infection is cleared up, he has pneumonia.

He was acting completely fine yesterday and today. Slight runny nose and mild cough, slept about 20 minutes more than usual between his 2 naps but otherwise was eating and playing fine.

Would you exclude tomorrow or let him come seeing as how he's not struggling to breath, has NO symptoms and is his happy busy self?
sharlan 11:55 AM 03-01-2016
I would see if dcm could stay home one day with him, just so he could rest.
Ariana 12:23 PM 03-01-2016
I would be wary because he was on antibiotics but still got pneumonia which means it is viral. Unless mom can come get him quickly I would exclude.
childcaremom 12:58 PM 03-01-2016
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I would be wary because he was on antibiotics but still got pneumonia which means it is viral. Unless mom can come get him quickly I would exclude.

I would also exclude and be worried that others may catch it. Where it was just diagnosed, chances are it will get worse before it gets better.

I would ask for at least one day home, see how he is doing tomorrow and then re-evaluate for the next day.

If I was the mom, I'd be keeping him home for at least the rest of the week.
DanceMom 01:04 PM 03-01-2016
I would exclude - more than likely he will get worse and start showing symptoms. But also if he was just diagnosed - I'd want to exclude for more than one day - what's the difference if you take him tomorrow or the next? Probably not much in contagiousness.
BumbleBee 04:55 PM 03-01-2016
Thank you everybody.

Mom is keeping him home tomorrow and we'll go from there based on symptoms, behavior, appetite, etc.
Tags:pneumonia
Reply Up