Daycare.com Forum DAB Hand Sanitizer HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:59 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Sunscreen/Bug Spray

For those of you that supply sunscreen and bug spray, what kind do you use?

Last year, I used Babyganics for both, and I wasn't a huge fan. I'd like to switch!
Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 PM
LostMyMarbles

I have a lot of children that have skin sensitivities. Each of my families provide their own sunscreen. I write their names on the can or bottle. Some prefer the lotion, some prefer the spray. Some prefer a hypo allergenic from the Honest Company. I have one that gets theirs from the health food store. And I have some that just like the store name brand. Itís just easier for me for each of them to have their own with their names on it. I have them all in a locked container, and line up the kids and spray or lotion them down with their own sunscreen.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:51 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles View Post
I have a lot of children that have skin sensitivities. Each of my families provide their own sunscreen. I write their names on the can or bottle. Some prefer the lotion, some prefer the spray. Some prefer a hypo allergenic from the Honest Company. I have one that gets theirs from the health food store. And I have some that just like the store name brand. Itís just easier for me for each of them to have their own with their names on it. I have them all in a locked container, and line up the kids and spray or lotion them down with their own sunscreen.
Same here
Old 04-15-2019, 04:57 PM
Daycare.com Member

I use this one: https://www.amazon.com/SPF-Rx-Sunscr...14&sr=8-4&th=1
Old 04-15-2019, 05:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

I use Neutrogena for sun screen. If they aren't ok with that one, they provide it. It's the only one that doesn't bug my son's skin, so it's the only one I buy.

Bug spray, they provide.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:24 PM
Daycare.com Member

nutregena baby sticks, one per kid

no bug spray
Old 04-16-2019, 06:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Beauty counter and Badger products.
Sticks are my preference but lotion is the most economical.
I spend a little more for these products because of the ingredients (EWG rating was important to me).
Old 04-16-2019, 06:18 AM

More threads about sun screen
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=sunscreen
Old 04-16-2019, 06:22 AM

All my families have different needs/requests for sun screen so everyone supplies their own. They label it with child's name and leave it in their cubby baskets. Some bring lotion, some bring sticks and some bring spray.

Parents arrive in the morning and apply the first application of sunscreen for the day themselves when dropping off.
I reapply as needed throughout the day.

Some of my families use bug spray and some do not.
Some use gentle approaches such as Avon's Skin-so-soft and others just use Deep Woods Off with deet.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Daycare.com Member and Bladesmith

I keep skin so soft on hand for bug spray. Sunscreen I use store brand waterproof SPF 30. If DCPS want something else they can supply it.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:24 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
All my families have different needs/requests for sun screen so everyone supplies their own. They label it with child's name and leave it in their cubby baskets. Some bring lotion, some bring sticks and some bring spray.

Parents arrive in the morning and apply the first application of sunscreen for the day themselves when dropping off.
I reapply as needed throughout the day.

Some of my families use bug spray and some do not.
Some use gentle approaches such as Avon's Skin-so-soft and others just use Deep Woods Off with deet.
Same here. I let the parents buy so I dont' have to worry about any allergic reaction. Last year i started having parents apply the first coat and I did 2nd later in the day. So much easier.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Everyone supplies their own sunscreen. I use OFF for kids but only on their ankles and a spray inside their sunhat if the mosquitoes are particularly bad. I use DEET for my own kids.

Tags
babyganics, bug spray, sunscreen