Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Food Program Question
Cradle2crayons 01:54 PM 06-19-2013
Ok first of all, in MS, I can be UNLICENSED and care for no re than five children who are not related to me. Aka my two kids don't count. I'm currently caring for four kids not related to me, so I'm one under my max for unlicensed.

I chose to not be licensed because if licensed, I can still only watch a maximum of FIVE kids not related to me anyway.

Long story short, I'm not licensed but I am registered with the state as a voucher approved, or state approved provider. But since I'm not licensed, in order to get on the food program, I have to sign up so a sponsoring organization.

Soothe ladies came out today for my PRE health department big inspection for the food program to be sure everything was going to be fine for when the real person came to inspect. I scored 100% with them so I was happy.

But then, the bombshell. The state department of health( who licenses and registers homes, has a five unrelated no max related rule) but the STATE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION who does the food program says I can't have re than five children enrolled including my own or they won't let me on the program. The rule isn't from the sponsoring organization, its from the state department of education.

So wait, I'm legally unlicensed and state approved. But yet they are counting my fourth daycare kid that's tube fed that doesn't eat anything at all as my fourth kid, counting my two when the state doesn't, giving me over the five limit to get on e program?????????

WHAT??????????????????????????

First of all, why can't they just say they won't pay for more than five kids instead of that I can't get on e food program because my kids suddenly count??? They don't count to the state department of health??

So I said I didn't want reimbursement for my kids. Can't I just opt out?? She said no. So I asked could my tube fed baby opt out because her formula is provided by Wicc already and I don't mix it or mess with it at all?? She said she didn't know.

But then I'm reading on the state dept of Ed site about the food program and it said that I don't need sponsorship if I have kids on TANF or title xx. Which three of mine are.

What ticks me off is that she knew how many kids I had before she insisted we make several improvements to the outside and now to be told we don't qualify because I am watching one less than the state dept of health says I can but one more than the state dept of Ed says I can???

I'm so confused..help....

May I also mention that when school starts.. Which is when I'd be approved.... Three of those six total wont be here for but for only one meal and no snack that ill be able to claim?
Reply Up