Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Would You Request Another Emergency Contact?
Unregistered 06:51 PM 01-12-2018
I have a parent who's pretty good with picking up, but her and the child's bio father aren't together. He is allowed to drop and pick up the child. Anyway, the mother never came. I called her a half an hour after being late. The phone was turned off. (It went straight to voicemail.) I called the grandmother. Who informs the father is picking up. Like this was planned. No one told me before hand. Everyone knows me closing time. I said I have to go can the grandmother come or call the mom or something. She claimed she was going to come and drop off at the dad's. Another half hour passes and dad comes and apologizes. I call grandma. To tell her not to come or worry. She laughs and tell me "I wasn't coming anyway". WTF? It wasn't in a nasty way, it was "whatcaya gonna do?" way. I was so shocked over all of this, I didn't handle it today. I was wondering what I should say on Tuesday?
Denali 08:11 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a parent who's pretty good with picking up, but her and the child's bio father aren't together. He is allowed to drop and pick up the child. Anyway, the mother never came. I called her a half an hour after being late. The phone was turned off. (It went straight to voicemail.) I called the grandmother. Who informs the father is picking up. Like this was planned. No one told me before hand. Everyone knows me closing time. I said I have to go can the grandmother come or call the mom or something. She claimed she was going to come and drop off at the dad's. Another half hour passes and dad comes and apologizes. I call grandma. To tell her not to come or worry. She laughs and tell me "I wasn't coming anyway". WTF? It wasn't in a nasty way, it was "whatcaya gonna do?" way. I was so shocked over all of this, I didn't handle it today. I was wondering what I should say on Tuesday?
Charge your late pick up fee. It is due at drop off first thing Tuesday. Don’t allow drop off without cold hard cash. If someone else is dropping off and not mom turn them away at the door with child and tell them “mom knows that there are fees due and she knows that child can’t come until they are paid. Sorry she did this to you but child cant come today.” Close door. Put it back on mom.

Care for HER child is HER problem. Not yours on Tuesday. Not until your paid for being practically spit on and laughed at and being duped into what she is hoping will be free child care.

I’ve had someone do this to me, I’d not be put in that position again, been there done that. If they were rude about having to pay my fees or about that I called looking for a ride for they’re child on MY FAMILY time (I don’t take kindly to people stealing my family time), they’d be not only termed on the spot but with no refund of any fees already paid per my contract.

What I’m I going to do grandma? That’s what I’m going to do haha guess who’s probably going to have to watch child for free now because mom doesn’t have care anymore. 👍
Denali 08:21 PM 01-12-2018
Oh and don’t believe her story about “I told dad not to be late it’s all his fault I shouldn’t have to pay any fees.”

If mom can normally be gotten ahold of and is normally good about pick up on time, but THIS time her phone was off? Believe grandma that this was probably planned.

Why ask for permission when you can just ask for forgiveness right?

“Your late pick up fee that is due is XX, child cant come until it is paid. No expectations. Thank you come again.”
Reply Up