Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Napping: Cots, Mat, Sheets
athomemommy 12:27 PM 10-10-2011
I am in Il and I think I need to have cots for the children to sleep on. Can anyone tell me if that is correct or can I use mats or sheets?
MyAngels 03:33 PM 10-10-2011
Illinois regs say:

A separate sleeping arrangement, such as a bed, cot, crib, or playpen, with individual bedding, shall be provided for each child who naps or sleeps while in care. A twin size bed may be used for 2 children under age 4, provided each child shall have individual sheets.
A) The bed shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, and bedding shall be suitable for the season.
B) Family beds may be used for children if separate linens are used.
C)Rubber sheets shall be used when necessary.
nannyde 05:24 PM 10-10-2011
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
Illinois regs say:

A separate sleeping arrangement, such as a bed, cot, crib, or playpen, with individual bedding, shall be provided for each child who naps or sleeps while in care. A twin size bed may be used for 2 children under age 4, provided each child shall have individual sheets.
A) The bed shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition at all times, and bedding shall be suitable for the season.
B) Family beds may be used for children if separate linens are used.
C)Rubber sheets shall be used when necessary.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would never allow kids to sleep in the same bed much less a family bed.

YIKES
Hunni Bee 06:20 PM 10-10-2011
How are they supposed to have individual sheets if they're sleeping in the same bed???
Cat Herder 04:15 AM 10-11-2011
What is up with that, Illinois????
My Daycare 05:22 AM 10-11-2011
I wish we could use mats. It would be so much easier.
MyAngels 06:02 AM 10-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I would never allow kids to sleep in the same bed much less a family bed.

YIKES
Agreed

Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
How are they supposed to have individual sheets if they're sleeping in the same bed???
According to one of the reps I've had over the years, you can put them foot-to-foot, each with their own sheet, pillow and blanket. There's no way I would do that, but that's what he said.

Originally Posted by Catherder:
What is up with that, Illinois????
You should see the rest of our regs - tame compared to most states .
Heidi 05:36 AM 10-26-2011
I use pp for most of mine right now, but I also have a few daycare cots (those blue ones with the legs) that someone kindly donated to me. I HATE them! They look uncomfortable, and every time I move them, I bang up my shins.

In the olden days, I had crib mattresses for cots, and those worked great. I have some on my wish list for next year, and bye bye blue cots!
Tags:cots, cots - pillows, sheets, sleeping
Reply Up