Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Numerous Spit Ups
Unregistered 12:33 PM 07-27-2017
What do ya'll do about numerous spit ups from infants that are not yet very mobile? Today for instance over 10 spots on my carpet. Yes, I clean them up but it is getting to the point I need to deep clean. I can borrow or rent a machine,do you ever pass that cost to the parents? I have just the one that is the culprit...parents say she doesn't do it so much at home. I do keep her upright for awhile after feedings but I do not see a difference.She does it no matter where she is,loose or contained. Thanks for any input.
Blackcat31 12:38 PM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
What do ya'll do about numerous spit ups from infants that are not yet very mobile? Today for instance over 10 spots on my carpet. Yes, I clean them up but it is getting to the point I need to deep clean. I can borrow or rent a machine,do you ever pass that cost to the parents? I have just the one that is the culprit...parents say she doesn't do it so much at home. I do keep her upright for awhile after feedings but I do not see a difference.She does it no matter where she is,loose or contained. Thanks for any input.
I wouldn't pass the cost onto the parents.
They have no control over their child's spit up.
Unless it's diet or medical related and they aren't addressing that.

I would just keep baby on a blanket so any spit up is contained to the blanket. Easy and inexpensive to wash the blanket verses the carpet.

When baby is in any type of infant equipment I'd just keep a large bib on to catch any spit up.

If this isn't regular spit up but is more projectile, a trip to the pediatrician might be in order.
hwichlaz 12:42 PM 07-27-2017
Yep, babies spit up. Mine all did...esp the first two. They had reflux that the Dr. wouldn't treat because they were gaining well....that's not how they do things these days though.

I have a tube fed kiddo that spits up huge amounts for about a week every time they up his volume, I just keep him over a blanket.
AmyKidsCo 12:58 PM 07-27-2017
I always put a blanket or mat under infants in case they spit up. It's also a safety thing - I teach my DCK that they can sit next to the baby's blanket but not on it, to give baby a little space.

I wouldn't pass the cost on to parents, that's part of the cost of the business.
284878 01:02 PM 07-27-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
One of my dcb was doing this, he has stopped after using meds.

I used a burb bib, that went all way around his neck.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb...words=burp+bib

I found waterproof pnp sheets so I did not have to wash the pnp weekly. Then I got waterproof mattress pads (queen size) to use as a blanket on the floor. (because it was soaking through the blankets) It was harder to control the more mobile he got, so I was shampooing the carpet every night.

I was doing a load of towels/linens of just dc related items daily. I would set out a second set of clothes for myself in the morning for a quick change if needed.

After he stopped spitting, we tore up the carpet. (This was planned home improvement before he started.) and put down laminate. The bottom of the carpet was loaded with spit up stains from just him.

I did not pass the cost of supplies on to them.
laundrymom 01:28 PM 07-27-2017
I call them baby bubbles.
Lol
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
I always put a blanket or mat under infants in case they spit up. It's also a safety thing - I teach my DCK that they can sit next to the baby's blanket but not on it, to give baby a little space.

I wouldn't pass the cost on to parents, that's part of the cost of the business.

flying_babyb 05:16 PM 07-27-2017
you can always cut up a waterproof table cloth, just wipe and be done!
Unregistered 05:41 AM 07-28-2017
Thanks all.Like the vinyl tablecloth idea.She's mobile enough to get everywhere.And they just gave 2 an.notice.After 30 yrs.and no new enrollees I may have to find a new job. My one kid left may leave because of no playmates.
Reply Up