Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>6 Month Old Using Preemie Nipples
Unregistered 07:05 AM 11-14-2018
I have a 6 month old in care who was born at 36 weeks. Just yesterday I found out that the bottles mom sent with him when starting care have preemie nipples.
Yesterday I was talking to mom about how he was only wanting 2 oz per feeding the past couple of weeks and how it was taking him anywhere from 20-30 minutes to finish a bottle. That is when she said she may have to start sending size 1 nipples. I looked at her confused because I thought size 1 was the smallest size. That is when she told me he was using preemie nipples here. Why would they think a six month old needs to use preemie nipples?
Mom also mentioned that she is back to solely breastfeeding him at home because he is doing so well.(No bottle feeding at home) At the same time though, she mentioned that he wants to eat every 45 minutes once they arrive home and is waking every two hours to eat overnight. To me that sounds like he is going backwards. I am wondering if he is starting to struggle here because he is being solely breastfeed at home again, or because of using the preemie nipples.
Tags:6 month old, infants - breakfast, nipple, preemie, preemie nipples
Up