Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Micro Manage Mom
Ms.Kay 10:55 AM 01-08-2019
5 month old..3 days a week first time parents. Baby woke screaming in PM nap...inconsolable..after 30 min..gave her a bottle she drank 8 oz. This was the first day back after a 2 week vacation. Mom writes a 2 page letter...telling me 24 oz for her is way too much milk...baby is here 9.5 hrs. Mom calls pediatrician and peds said what you make is enough. Mom tells me never to use the frozen milk..unless dire emergency. I'm livid!. A. I have been doing this for 26 yrs. B. I feed infants on demand until satisfied I'm giving my self a day to respond so I can think clearly. I keep a daily journal for infants..and told mom at pick up yesterday. Mom said what she pumps at work is plenty..which is 10 oz..plus she nurses am and PM. Mom also stated in baby's "other daycare" aka grandma...this.is enough milk. I'm trying to put in words she might actually listen to... Here is a completely different environment. I have 7 kids from 18 mo to 5 yrs. This is a high sensory environment vs 1 on 1 caregiver like home or grandma
Basically different environment..different needs. Second...pumping is great...however mom and baby are not in the same environment..pumping at work is stressful...and from what I remember..26 years ago...when you pump..your body will only make what baby last ate. Any words of advice ladies?
Tags:part time infant
Up