Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nannyde!! And Everyone With Paperwork To Share
3kidzmama 07:57 PM 03-16-2011
Do you have your handbook, policies, other necessary paperwork, etc. posted anywhere? I am trying to get mine ready and could soooooo use some help!!! Thanks!!!
Cat Herder 04:08 AM 03-17-2011
Nan posted hers in the "Parent Handbook Length" thread yesterday.

It is too funny.....
nannyde 05:12 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Nan posted hers in the "Parent Handbook Length" thread yesterday.

It is too funny.....

Bring that up again hugh

I've been sitting here for over a year trying to figure out how so many of my fellow posters have such LONG policies. Never crossed my mind to see how long mine were!!!!!

http://www.nanshouse.com/policies.htm
Cat Herder 05:36 AM 03-17-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Bring that up again hugh

I've been sitting here for over a year trying to figure out how so many of my fellow posters have such LONG policies. Never crossed my mind to see how long mine were!!!!!

http://www.nanshouse.com/policies.htm
I love the way you word stuff....humor makes it functional and not so edgy. I bet the parents respond to it so much better that "Brunhilda" style like so many templates read....

I still have to give my parents the States "The sky is falling!!!" type handbook, too..so having some humor is necessarry, IMHO.

"A spoon full of sugar" or something like that...

Yours cracks me up, but the point is VERY clear...what could be better???
SilverSabre25 05:40 AM 03-17-2011
Here's the link to mine.

(hey, btw, let me know if you can't access any of the forms and what your computer's like, what version of Word you use, etc, so I know if I need to change the formatting! You can tell me in a PM if you don't want to derail the thread)
3kidzmama 06:55 PM 03-17-2011
Thank you all for the help!!! I'm going to use bits and pieces of each one to fit what I'm offering. You ladies are the best!!!!
Abigail 12:01 AM 03-18-2011
To get mine started I googled local child care centers in town so I would hit close to home and printed off all their policies. Some I could relate to and some didn't help at all. Then I started to realize many were repeats so it must have been a necessity.

I went through and highlighted the parts I wanted and started typing mine that way. It was very time consuming. I also googled home daycares online and found 3-4 daycares which were from everywhere in the US except locally because I don't want to have too much of the same stuff from local providers. I also printed off those that I liked from online and went through as I read and highlighted sections. Took a few weeks because I'm a procrastinator....I'm still adding a few things here and there and fixing wording.

Does anyone include pictures or clipart images or do something to break up the LONG policies? Mine is in a font size 12 Tahoma font style and it just looks boring page after page. I'm going to print front/back which will be 5 total pages, but it still isn't nice to look at.
Tags:handbook, nannyde, policies
Reply Up