Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NannyDe- Changing of the Guard
wahmof3 02:52 PM 05-17-2012
After reading another thread, I read the blog regarding the "Changing of the Guard". I am very impressed with the article!

My question is: what exactly do you consider "bad behavior" enough to incorporate this buh bye outside technique?

I have 2 families (both are friends) that the children are out of control at drop off & pick up. They run through my house, up my stairs, are loud and everyone knows dh works nights and is sleeping when everyone arrives. Typically I don't say anything during this time, but when the parents leave (and they can stay up to 20 minutes and by then the kids are a mess) I tell them how disappointed I am and if the behavior continues I will put them in T/O. I get so frustrated and I do tell myself if I can get thru the drop off & pick up I'm doing good

Second question: How do you inform your parents that you are doing this? I don't want to come across as rude & this is a touchy area that could be viewed as rude.

After reading this blog, I now totally understand the entire drop off/pick up at my kids' preschool. WOW seems like its just common sense!!!!!!!!
daycare 02:57 PM 05-17-2012
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
After reading another thread, I read the blog regarding the "Changing of the Guard". I am very impressed with the article!

My question is: what exactly do you consider "bad behavior" enough to incorporate this buh bye outside technique?

I have 2 families (both are friends) that the children are out of control at drop off & pick up. They run through my house, up my stairs, are loud and everyone knows dh works nights and is sleeping when everyone arrives. Typically I don't say anything during this time, but when the parents leave (and they can stay up to 20 minutes and by then the kids are a mess) I tell them how disappointed I am and if the behavior continues I will put them in T/O. I get so frustrated and I do tell myself if I can get thru the drop off & pick up I'm doing good

Second question: How do you inform your parents that you are doing this? I don't want to come across as rude & this is a touchy area that could be viewed as rude.

After reading this blog, I now totally understand the entire drop off/pick up at my kids' preschool. WOW seems like its just common sense!!!!!!!!
well for me it is just that...breaking any of my rules.... I tell the parents that I expect for them to back my rules when they are here. If the parents don't then this is when you would implement the outside program.

I had to do it one time and it lasted about a week. I told the DCP too many times to control DCK behavior when here and they were not. I didn't want to wait until something bad happened, so I said since his behavior is not being controlled, I need for you to pick up at the porch. We can work our way back toward inside pick up, but right now he creates way too much drama at pick up and it upsets the other kids or distracts me from being able to care from the other children.

It was a way to punish both the parents for not controlling the kids behavior and the kid for acting up.

Now I do it differently, but at some point if the parent is not going to comply, i think the outside program is a great solution.
Tags:drop off, nannyde, pick up
Reply Up