Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas

Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas Post breakfast items, lunch items, and snack items that are all child friendly here. Each posting should include ONLY ONE meal option. The SUBJECT of each message should be ONLY the name of the food you are describing.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:29 AM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Cooking for one

So, the hubby and I have been low carb since June. He comes home for lunch and it didn't use to be an issue to cook things like homemade mac and cheese, chicken and noodles, pizza, spaghetti and such. I only keep 2 kids a 10 month old (mom sends her lunch) and a 2 year old. So basically I'm cooking for one now unless I make something low carb and add to his. I need ideas for him. We have things like chicken salad, egg salad, quesadillas, omlets, chicken tenders, taco soup, grilled cheese and occasionally I'll make mini corn dogs or popcorn chicken. My kids won't eat those things much anymore so I hate buying that stuff. I do buy frozen veggies which makes it easy to pull just what I need without waste. Yesterday we had cottage cheese, peas, crackers, bananas and whole milk. Today it's leftover BBQ chicken that I cooked yesterday in the crockpot.

Me, I could eat cottage cheese, an omlet, chicken salad and such everyday but I'm easy. The hubby sometimes fends for himself.

Any ideas out there?
Old 09-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Daycare.com Member

I would pick a component of your meal and add to it.Chicken salad if homemade save a plain piece for child ,buy a whole wheat bread (freeze for weekly consumption for child.Wheat rolls would also work. Add friut and or vegtables & milk.You could change your program and have parent send food.Just stae easier for child as parent knows what they will eat.