Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Help Me Respond!

DCG who is 15months officially starts on monday. She came a couple times over the summer to get familiar with me and mom wanted to bring her again tomorrow. But she had a fever tuesday (gone now) and is on antibiotics. They also came back from vacation and said her daughters schedule is still very off. She wants to bring her tomorrow for a couple hrs but wants to know my thoughts on it since she is still off schedule. How should i respond? Because shes getting over an illness and is off schedule, i dont think it would be a good idea.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default response

Something along the lines of: I want "name of child" to have the best possible start to her time with me - due to her illness and vacation, it would probably not be the best for her to adjust to my home until she is feeling better.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Daycare.com Member

Hi (DCP) on any other day I think that would be a great idea! However, with her being off schedule and maybe not feeling her best I don't think it would be good for her to come by today. Let's rest up on the weekend, and start fresh Monday! Her being with the group consistently will really help get her schedule back on track!
Old 08-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Daycare.com Member

I talk to my parents like i do anyone else.
It find it difficult to be..idk the word.. well anything but myself 100 percent of the time because then i have to do that act later.
Id honestly just say. "Yea Monday would probably be best. Hope she feels better! "
Though maybe my lack of professionalism in the way that i speak is exactly why these parents keep thinking I'm their friend

Tags
15 month old, fever - policy