Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-24-2018, 03:41 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 8,934
Default Ideas for Mother's Day??

I *think* I know what I'm going to do with the kids but am not sure, just wondering what you all are doing.
My idea is getting some canvas tote bags and having the dcks make flowers out of hand prints, then making the If you give a mom a muffin poem on their footprints, along with homemade muffins, to tuck into their bags. Don't know if it'll actually happen or not.
I usually do clay pots that the kids paint, then plant flowers in them. But I've done them so many times through out the years that my long time dcms must have quite a collection. Lol And last year when we made them, we did ladybugs and bumblebees out of their thumbprints; came out so sweet. But I found I had done most of the work just to make them look like ladybugs and bumblebees.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:00 AM
amberrose3dg's Avatar
amberrose3dg amberrose3dg is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
I *think* I know what I'm going to do with the kids but am not sure, just wondering what you all are doing.
My idea is getting some canvas tote bags and having the dcks make flowers out of hand prints, then making the If you give a mom a muffin poem on their footprints, along with homemade muffins, to tuck into their bags. Don't know if it'll actually happen or not.
I usually do clay pots that the kids paint, then plant flowers in them. But I've done them so many times through out the years that my long time dcms must have quite a collection. Lol And last year when we made them, we did ladybugs and bumblebees out of their thumbprints; came out so sweet. But I found I had done most of the work just to make them look like ladybugs and bumblebees.
I bought a bunch of plain white mugs. We are going to paint butterflies onto the mugs using the kids thumbprints.
The babies I am probably just going to do handprints.
The older kids I bought planters they can paint an decorate.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:05 AM
Miss A's Avatar
Miss A Miss A is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,006
Default

I did canvas silhouettes of my group. I only do big parent gifts on Mother's day and Father's day, so while it was pretty time consuming on my end I know the mom's are going to love them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
I did canvas silhouettes of my group. I only do big parent gifts on Mother's day and Father's day, so while it was pretty time consuming on my end I know the mom's are going to love them.
how do you do those
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-24-2018, 08:20 AM
storybookending's Avatar
storybookending storybookending is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,176
Default

I am doing clay pots this year and planting flowers as I havenít done that one yet. Last year all I did was handprint flowers on paper.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Michael's Avatar
Michael Michael is online now
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Moorpark CA, Ocean Ridge, FL
Posts: 6,873
Default

More Mother's Day ideas: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...%27s+day+ideas
__________________
Michael Castello
http://www.ccin.com/about.html
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-25-2018, 07:17 AM
Second Home's Avatar
Second Home Second Home is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,492
Default

I'm doing the dck's handprints on flower pots and planting flowers in them .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-25-2018, 09:53 AM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 226
Default

I have these 12 inch wooden letters i got from some craft store and i painted them white letter M and letter O
and i have the kids take cute pics in the grass in the backyard with the letters. I take 2 of the M and one of the O and use just an app on my phone to put all the pics next to each other and the three cute pics spell out MOM. (the idea was from pinterest i think or google)
i laminate the photo and have the kids paint a .99 wooden frame from walmart craft section and stick it in their.
This last year i also had the kids stencil a flower with pink and purple paint on card stock and put a bible verse inside about the strength of the mother and the kids handprint.

i always think the presents probably mean like nothing but i actually made one for myself this last year as well because my son was in care too and i keep that pic on my bedside and the card on my bookshelf. love this
even if i do the pic every year the kid look different and the parent loves it, id find a different card though. i also do that for fathers day sometimes with the D and A letters because dads come up to me saying "hey you gave my wife one, wheres mine" lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Baby Beluga's Avatar
Baby Beluga Baby Beluga is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 3,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynleeJean View Post
I have these 12 inch wooden letters i got from some craft store and i painted them white letter M and letter O
and i have the kids take cute pics in the grass in the backyard with the letters. I take 2 of the M and one of the O and use just an app on my phone to put all the pics next to each other and the three cute pics spell out MOM. (the idea was from pinterest i think or google)
i laminate the photo and have the kids paint a .99 wooden frame from walmart craft section and stick it in their.
This last year i also had the kids stencil a flower with pink and purple paint on card stock and put a bible verse inside about the strength of the mother and the kids handprint.

i always think the presents probably mean like nothing but i actually made one for myself this last year as well because my son was in care too and i keep that pic on my bedside and the card on my bookshelf. love this
even if i do the pic every year the kid look different and the parent loves it, id find a different card though. i also do that for fathers day sometimes with the D and A letters because dads come up to me saying "hey you gave my wife one, wheres mine" lol
May I ask the verse you used?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-25-2018, 10:54 AM
BrynleeJean BrynleeJean is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 226
Default

Proverbs 31:26-28 NKJV
but really you could pick around in the proverbs 31 area. i just shortened with that to make it fit and it was still a bit lengthy
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mother's day ideas

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer 'Keep 'Em Busy' Ideas Josiegirl Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 20 04-30-2017 11:51 PM
Ideas For Playroom Bathroom Covering Besides Door small_steps Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 11 10-28-2013 01:19 PM
What Do You Think Of These Ideas? Liz90 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 04-28-2013 08:06 PM
Toddler Halloween Party Ideas SilverSabre25 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 10 10-04-2010 02:44 PM
Fundraising Ideas? vpierce2 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 5 09-27-2009 10:01 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming