Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can't Believe This.....Ugh
daycare 03:48 PM 01-04-2013
Not sure what to think here.

so I have a set of sister siblings that have been here for awhile. The parents have a hard time following a lot of the rules and give me a hard time when I put my foot down.

Both of them have been very very sick with a very bad chest cold. They both have been in and out of care over the last two weeks with fevers, vomiting, and severe coughing.

Well DCD had to pick one dcg yesterday due to severe crankiness, coughing and mild spit up and fever of 103.2. The poor girl just could not participate. So she can't come back until Monday if all symptoms resolved.

So today DCm drops off only one of the girls and says she is taking the other one to the doc. Ok sorry to hear she is sick still is what I replied.

well our day goes on as normal. I called DCM to see how DCG is doing, but get no answer. Then around 12:30pm my time I get a call from their old provider who they still use as back up. She tell me is the other DCG at my house and is she sick too?? Huh what?

DCM lied to me, took DCG to the old provider, doped her up and dropped her off. DCG woke up with a raging fever and was screaming.

I talk to the provider only for a minute, as I tell her that I am not sure what we are or are not supposed to tell each other because of privacy issues. We agree and end the call. BTW this provider and I became friends because of this family. Super sweet lady. She also has a no sick child policy, DCM knows this.

I am so blown away by this. If the DCM did that to her, I am sure she will have no issues doing it to me... she didn't break my rules, but I am sooooo shocked that someone could do this with a child that is so ill.

I am not really looking for any advice here, just wanted to share this and vent.
Scout 04:18 PM 01-04-2013
That is tricky since you didn't catch her yourself. If I didn't need the income, the next issue would be cause for term!
daycare 04:22 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by Scout:
That is tricky since you didn't catch her yourself. If I didn't need the income, the next issue would be cause for term!
yeah I hear ya..... with my husband just losing his job a the hospital, I would be terming.........
daycarediva 04:56 PM 01-04-2013
That's just awful. Poor dcg's.

Does this parent know that you and former provider know each other? Could you mention to dcp "Hey guess what dcp, former provider and I are getting the kids together for a playdate next week."
daycare 05:00 PM 01-04-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
That's just awful. Poor dcg's.

Does this parent know that you and former provider know each other? Could you mention to dcp "Hey guess what dcp, former provider and I are getting the kids together for a playdate next week."
she knows that we know each other and we do have play dates with our groups. We did christmas carols together at the retirement home.

I have no clue why she would do this. I am trying not to judge her but at the same time am starting to wonder about all that she has told me to be true since they havce been here....
Tags:siblings
Reply Up