Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Payments From Divorced Parents...
Crazy8 11:54 AM 03-03-2014
how do you handle when divorced parents pay separately? Do you even allow that?

I had both parents paying me without issue for the last few months, dad paid for his days, mom for hers. But apparently there are issues between them because mom has more days per month than dad and now he paid me for an extra day this month and she is due to pay me the rest but I feel like I need to tell her he paid 1 extra day (one of her days) and I just don't want to be involved in their fighting and I don't want to have to ask/remind/tell/guess who is paying for what. Can I tell them only ONE parent can pay and then they can work it out between themselves?? I did have a contract just with dad first, then mom signed up a few months later so that is why we had separate contracts/payments in the first place. Honestly I am thinking of just terming them over it all. They come a half hour before any of my other kids and I don't take school agers to begin with, only took them because I've had them in my daycare for so many years. And get this… it is $5/week that they are fighting over. I just don't get it but I guess divorce does that to people.

So would love to know what policies people have for payments from divorced families???
Tags:billing, divorced parents
Up