Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Conracts and handbooks?
DCMomOf3 12:34 PM 09-21-2010
I have a 4 page contract that outlines a lot of the things needed in my handbook, i.e. sickness, vacations, what the parents need to provide, payment schedule, etc. I am in the process of writing my handbook and I am not sure if I should simplify my contract and pull out a lot of the wording, or keep it long and just repeat a lot of it in my handbook?

What do you do? I don't want to over complicate things.
legomom922 01:02 PM 09-21-2010
My handbookm is 15 pages long, and my contract only half a page. What I did as a part of my contract, is that at the bottom right before their signature line, I wrote a statement thats says that they have READ and AGREED to the entire handbook, and that the handbook is a part of the contract. I figure that way I am covered. Everything in that book is my contract and they must sign saying that. That way you dont have to repeat yourself. Then I just staple the contract to a copy of the handbook that they recieved and file it along with all their other papers.
AmandasFCC 01:13 PM 09-21-2010
Ditto. I have an "agreement", which is the last page of my handbook, and it states that "I have read and agree to the terms and policies in the handbook" ... sign and date, VOILA!~
MarinaVanessa 01:25 PM 09-21-2010
I have a contract that's 2 pgs that has all of the payment terms, attendance, sickness policy, termination policy etc. and a handbook that has all of what I said in the contract but more thorough and in plain english (contract sounds more like ... well, a contract) and also has extra things in it like parking, noise, activities, discipline policy etc. After each section of my contract they sign and date it and so the last section says that they agree and understand that they also have to follow the handbook policies.
tymaboy 02:00 PM 09-21-2010
My handbook is around 11 pages- it covers everything. My contract covers the money part of the dc. All the money stuff is also covered in the handbook but this way they need to sign saying that they read & understand it both times. My handbooks last page is where they need to sign & the contract they sign & I make copies of it to hand back.
Reply Up