Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Very Very Part Time Pay Question
care-care 07:41 PM 12-03-2012
I had a inquiry about 2 days about 2 hours per day from 3 -5 pm for a one yr old and 3 yr old. I am thinking I would charge my part time rate per child. which would be very expensive for basically 4 hours a week per child. I dont think anybody wants part timers.. she said something about sending maybe the 3 yr old to a christian school (daycare) if i couldnt accomidate both. I dont even no if I want to deal with this. The kids I currently have actually go down at about 215-230 ish now.. one which i am just adjusting a schedule to, a new baby.
So I guess my question is ..
Is 25$ a day times 2 out of this world? 100 bucks?
My ft rate is 37 a day my pt rate should be 30.. but that would be 120 bucks.

If anyone cares to give some advise I am happy to read it.. THANKS
kitykids3 08:41 PM 12-03-2012
For me it wouldn't be an issue as my naptime is 12:30-2:30/3:00, so they'd be dropping off as my kids were getting up. I guess I kind of wonder why yours is later than most.
Scout 05:39 AM 12-04-2012
Originally Posted by amberln30:
For me it wouldn't be an issue as my naptime is 12:30-2:30/3:00, so they'd be dropping off as my kids were getting up. I guess I kind of wonder why yours is later than most.
I think everyone's naptime is what works for them. Mine is 1:30-3. No matter how hard I try I can't get lunch cleanup done by 1:00 so they can nap then! But, I have all 3 year olds. Two of them get here very early at 6:30 so mom doesn't want them napping longer than 1 1/2 hrs since they go to bed early.
care-care 05:56 AM 12-04-2012
my nap time is late becuz the kids dont come until 1 pm. as dad works 2nd shift and mom works 12 and half hour days. they dont get picked up til 730 8 at night.
cheerfuldom 06:22 AM 12-04-2012
I would not take these kids. they are coming during your other kids nap time....that sounds like a really bad idea.
care-care 10:41 AM 12-04-2012
thanks.. my husband said the same. I guess Ill just stick with the two I have right now. It would make it tough being the other two coming would be prob just waking up from a nap. And I am just getting the 3 month old on a schedule.
Thanks.. I wouldnt no what to charge the lady anyways. Wouldnt be worth it .Becuz the amount Id tell her shed probably fall over and not come any ways. So do I just say it wont work for me?
lovemykidstoo 11:32 AM 12-04-2012
If you don't charge them your regular daily rate then you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot. If you charged them less and then someone else came along that wanted the whole day, what would you do? Would you have the option of letting them go to take the full day people? I charge the same no matter how many hours they're coming because it's a spot. You most likely would not be able to fill the other hours of the day. Not to mention the arriving during the other kids naptimes.
Reply Up