Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Had An Interview Tonight, Tried Playing It Cool And Non-Desperate
AcornMama 06:03 PM 11-18-2013
Must've worked, because new dcg will enroll tomorrow morning.

I'm a little surprised to move this fast, but with next week being Thanksgiving and this little girl only attending part-time, I guess Mom preferred jumping right in over waiting until next week and just having one day of attendance.

I'll be thoroughly impressed if she has all of the forms and money and everything tomorrow morning like we're planning on. Hoping this is a nice fit and long-term arrangement.
jenn 06:11 PM 11-18-2013
Congratulations! Hope this new family is a great match!
melilley 06:11 PM 11-18-2013
Yay!
spinnymarie 06:39 AM 11-19-2013
Congrats! Great job!
renodeb 10:03 AM 11-19-2013
I hope so. When your needing kids its very hard not to look/act desperate. Im glad you got enrollment out of the deal though. I hope its a great fit!
deb
Shell 10:08 AM 11-19-2013
happy for you!
DaycareMom 10:08 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
Must've worked, because new dcg will enroll tomorrow morning.

I'm a little surprised to move this fast, but with next week being Thanksgiving and this little girl only attending part-time, I guess Mom preferred jumping right in over waiting until next week and just having one day of attendance.

I'll be thoroughly impressed if she has all of the forms and money and everything tomorrow morning like we're planning on. Hoping this is a nice fit and long-term arrangement.
Did she have all her forms and money, etc? I hope so! Congratulations!
melilley 10:09 AM 11-19-2013
How did it go?
AcornMama 11:45 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by DaycareMom:
Did she have all her forms and money, etc? I hope so! Congratulations!
She did! Well, one form was missing, but brought it later in the day. Still working on getting all the supplies here (I require raincoat, rain boots, sunscreen and insect repellant to be left here, and everyone has complied nicely).

Oh, and she paid the registration fee (last two weeks tuition) plus all of the tuition from now until New Years!

Guess mom's not too concerned about the two week trial period.
AcornMama 11:49 AM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
How did it go?
Perfectly! Mom actually had to pick up early today because older sibling has an appointment. I had been worried about nap time, but she went down perfectly. Then I had to wake her up early, and was wondering how that would go over, but no problems.

She played nicely, tried once to see if she could get away with something I had just forbidden, thought she'd try to reason with me and show me how mistaken I was. Nipped that in the bud, and she was fine for the rest of the day.

I know this is probably a honeymoon period...new "school," new toys, new friends. Ask me again in a few weeks.
TwinKristi 11:51 AM 11-19-2013
WTG!! I'm glad it worked out for you.
melilley 12:24 PM 11-19-2013
Originally Posted by AcornMama:
Perfectly! Mom actually had to pick up early today because older sibling has an appointment. I had been worried about nap time, but she went down perfectly. Then I had to wake her up early, and was wondering how that would go over, but no problems.

She played nicely, tried once to see if she could get away with something I had just forbidden, thought she'd try to reason with me and show me how mistaken I was. Nipped that in the bud, and she was fine for the rest of the day.

I know this is probably a honeymoon period...new "school," new toys, new friends. Ask me again in a few weeks.
Glad it worked out so well!
Reply Up