Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Providers' Appreciation Day!
spud912 08:03 AM 05-09-2014
I just want to thank each and every one of you for doing a sometimes thankless job that requires a lot of hours, patience and dedication.
melilley 08:06 AM 05-09-2014
Awwww how sweet!
Thank you too!
Maria2013 12:09 PM 05-09-2014
your post just made my day! Thank you!
CraftyMom 01:03 PM 05-09-2014
Thank you! You too!

LadyK8 01:18 PM 05-09-2014
Thank you! Back atcha!
Christina72684 01:27 PM 05-09-2014
So many people I know were thanking teachers and nurses this WEEK (not sure why we only get a day lol), so I made sure to post a message on my FB page about how much I appreciate our daycare families. Lets see how many say it back!
spud912 01:51 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by Christina72684:
So many people I know were thanking teachers and nurses this WEEK (not sure why we only get a day lol), so I made sure to post a message on my FB page about how much I appreciate our daycare families. Lets see how many say it back!
I was fishing for some appreciation on my business Facebook too.....I highly doubt I will get any kind of appreciation from my current families. They can't even respond to an email I sent out a week and a half ago where I specifically requested a response by today . Hence in my original post where I stated that we have a "thankless" job .
TaylorTots 02:08 PM 05-09-2014
I about cried - a DCM brought flowers and a giftcard for me upon pickup today. It's been a DCM that I couldn't read on many issues we have come across and actually thought she was upset with me lately due to the fact I had 2.5 days off within the last month (1 sick day because my kiddo was vomiting, 1 personal day for appts and a half day for my son's kinder graduation coming up) that affect her big time as she struggles to find backup.

*tear* Seriously - the mom I never would have thought would say thank you... did so in a big way.
Lucy 02:12 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by spud912:
I was fishing for some appreciation on my business Facebook too.....I highly doubt I will get any kind of appreciation from my current families. They can't even respond to an email I sent out a week and a half ago where I specifically requested a response by today . Hence in my original post where I stated that we have a "thankless" job .
It really is, right??? I have 2 sisters in my care who went out of their way to bring something every day this week for their teachers. At Christmas and Valentine's Day, they had some really sweet things for their teachers. I gave the girls AND their parents Christmas gifts, and I always have goody bags for Easter, Valentine's, Halloween, etc. (not just candy... lol) Anyway, they have NEVER given me so much as a homemade card! Ever.

Nobody ever mentions appreciation for US, do they?
Lucy 02:13 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:
I about cried - a DCM brought flowers and a giftcard for me upon pickup today. It's been a DCM that I couldn't read on many issues we have come across and actually thought she was upset with me lately due to the fact I had 2.5 days off within the last month (1 sick day because my kiddo was vomiting, 1 personal day for appts and a half day for my son's kinder graduation coming up) that affect her big time as she struggles to find backup.

*tear* Seriously - the mom I never would have thought would say thank you... did so in a big way.
Awesome. There are the rare parents. And the rare times.
Josiegirl 03:29 PM 05-09-2014
I hope you all had a wonderful day! I hope all your little ones were sweet and thoughtful perfect angels today.
Happy PAD and Happy Friday!
grateday 06:26 PM 05-09-2014
Originally Posted by TaylorTots:

I had the same thing happen to me. I thought she was upset this past week about something with me but turned out I get a bunch of well thought out gifts a thank you card. Then she stayed and we talked for a long time. I did not even know parents knew it was that day today. My numbers are low so I am sort of down even though it is totally normal to happen once in a while. It is hard to wait.
Bookworm 07:54 PM 05-09-2014
It was a great day for us. The parents catered lunched made everyone gift baskets. I went home home with 2 other baskets from my parents.
Josiegirl 03:22 AM 05-10-2014
I guess my dcps aren't into that sort of thing. But I did have a dcd bring 2 boxes of kleenex and a box of wipes today, which, being down one FT dck now, I really appreciated!
NoMoreJuice! 06:41 AM 05-10-2014
My parents paid me yesterday...that's appreciation enough for me! Nobody knew anything about DPA Day though. I'm not really bummed, they tell me all the time that they appreciate me. I guess it's like telling your Mom you love her all year, not just tomorrow!
Reply Up