Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Winter party ideas
AmyLeigh 11:19 AM 01-04-2012
So, Friday is the last day of winter break for the SA kiddos. I just decided to do a last minute pajama party. I have a couple of craft and game ideas already, but thought I would come here to see if anyone else has some ideas that I could add to my arsenal. Simple, fun and cheap are what I am looking for. The kiddos ages are 2-8 yo.
TIA
SilverSabre25 11:24 AM 01-04-2012
make paper snowflakes
play out in the cold and then come in for hot chocolate with marshmallows
Make marshmallows!
If you have snow on the ground, make snow ice cream
Play with instant snow (if you don't have snow)
bake cookies and eat them warm.
melissa ann 11:30 AM 01-04-2012
I have kids right now from 3yrs-7. We had our pj party last week. We have them several times a year. The kids enjoyed playing musical chairs(whoever doesn't get a chair, gets to turn off the radio the next round), simon says (whoever gets out, gets to be simon) we also do an indian bead game(we learned this from my dd's girl scouts. Indian kids would take 2 rocks in 2 different colors(gray, brown), sit in a circle. The person withthe 2 rocks(we use beads) places 1 in the person beside them. The other person has their eyes close, and then they have to guess what color was placed in their hand. If they get it wrong, they are out, and the first person still keeps the rocks and moves on to the next person. If they get it right, they get the rocks and do it to the person beside them) The kids really like this game too. For my dd's b-day party, I got a large sheet of paper and drew a face. I then got star foam stickers. We played stick the earring(star) to the ear. I'm sure you could come up with something more gender neutral.
We also took a stuffed toy, and the kids went in my craft room (off the kitchen) and I hid the toy. Then they had to find it. Whoever found it, gets to be the one to hide it the next round.
Meyou 11:33 AM 01-04-2012
My kids love to make winter cotton ball pictures. They could do it for daaaaaays.
daycare 12:19 PM 01-04-2012
ooopsss saber this post is for you...sorry I forgot to click the botton.......

lol sorry cali girl here

what is instant snow??
AmyLeigh 12:21 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
ooopsss saber this post is for you...sorry I forgot to click the botton.......

lol sorry cali girl here

what is instant snow??
http://www.amazon.com/Be-Amazing-SNO...5708389&sr=8-1

I'm going to see if my local Michaels has this. If not, I won't mind too much. I understand that while it is really cool to play with, it's extremely messy.
SilverSabre25 12:22 PM 01-04-2012
It's a powder that you add water to and it is a little bit like snow. There are lots of types but here's one: Instant Snow http://www.amazon.com/Be-Amazing-SNO.../dp/B000FA6APE
Reply Up