Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Five Toddlers Wander Away From DC
Mary Poppins 01:24 PM 05-20-2012
http://www.kmbc.com/r/31082156/detail.html

Maddy'sMommy 02:40 PM 05-20-2012
How do 5 out of 8 kids go missing?? That makes no sense. It's unacceptable to lose track of even one child.
CheekyChick 04:58 PM 05-20-2012
How did THREE employees not notice that over half of their little ones were gone? So scary.
cheerfuldom 05:00 PM 05-20-2012
their were 3 adults watching 8 kids and 5 of them went missing! that is completely unacceptable. Neglectful care by providers that do not even care to watching the kids AT ALL and with the ratio of workers, it probably was 2 year olds or younger that went missing. The people that found them, found most of the kids separately wandering so there was time for some of them to get quite a bit away than "just outside the fence". This is disgusting. Why weren't the workers FIRED and not just suspended?
Willow 05:21 PM 05-20-2012
"The workers said the children were only gone for a minute or two and were found playing outside the fence."

As if being gone a minute or two is somehow more acceptable than 20 minutes????!!!

What boggles my mind even moreso:

Late Friday, Jeni Amonette told KMBC that she is pulling her 18-month-old son out of the center.

"I've walked out there before and the girls that work here -- they're young girls or whatever -- and i've walked out a few times and (they) have been chatting with themselves and the kids have been around the corner," she said.

Who would leave their children to be subjected to that level of danger a second time???? I would have pulled my kid immediately the first time and then notified the rest of the parents as well as the county!!!!!

I hope every parent pulls their child and the state pulls their license. They don't belong being left in charge of ANY children EVER again. They obviously don't have a clue of the sheer magnitude of what they allowed to happen.
Kaddidle Care 07:54 PM 05-20-2012
Absolutely appalling!
Mary Poppins 04:10 PM 05-21-2012
I am still just over this whole story. There is no excuse for this sort of thing. Ever.
Kiki 04:54 PM 05-21-2012
3 adults to watch 8 children, and 5 get away. I have 7 here during the day, (4 DCK, 3 DDs) and have never lost track of ONE!
I wonder what their conversation was about if it kept them so engrossed that they missed the kids escaping.
Reply Up