Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Vegan/Veg Recipies
daycare 02:30 PM 04-11-2011
1. mango strawberry ole-
1 mango
4 strawberries
juice form 1/2 lime
chili powder to taste
4 cilantro sprigs for garnish

peel and slice mango into equal strips. Wash and hull strawberries, then cut each lenght wise almost all the way through but still leave it in one piece. Cut the mago how you like also in large strips if you can. Place the strawberries ontop of the mangos and drizzle the fruit with lilme juice, sprinkle a little bit of chili powder to tase and then ad the cliatro sprig

2.gazpacho One of my favs
4 large beefsteak tomatoes quartered
1 jalapeno peppers diced
1 green bell pepper diced
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 small red onion diced
1 small cucmber pelled and diced
1 teaspoon mined fresh clintrao
fresh ground pepper to taste

I use a food processor
place the tomoatoes in the processor and puree until smoothl, after you chop all of your items (diced) throw them in give it one twrill around and then throw on some pepper and the clintaro..
jen 01:06 PM 04-12-2011
Thanks! Posting them here is great! Maybe we can get a whole cook-book going!!!!

I will let you know as I try them!

I got Alicia Silverstone's book today and it had some really yummy looking recipes!
daycare 01:09 PM 04-12-2011
Oh sweet. Yes let's share. I have tons more. Wish I ha more time to post. Lol.
jen 11:17 AM 04-14-2011
So the no meat thing is going great. I am not so great when it comes to the vegan aspect, because, well, I like cheese on stuff. LOL!

My son made this, it's from Williams and Sonoma...FABULOUS!

Penne Arrabiata

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
generous pinch of red pepper flakes
1 can plum (roma) tomatoes, chopped with juice
Salt
1lb Penne
12 fres basil leaves coarsely chopped
Leaves from 2 or 3 large fresh marjoram or oregano sprigs, minced

Bring a large pot of water to boil. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over low heat, warm the 1/4 cup olive oil. Add the garlic andsaute just until it starts to color, about 1 minute. Add the red pepper flakes and saute for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes with their juice, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook uncovered, stirring occassionally, until the sauce has thickened, about 15 minutes. Season with salt to taste.

Generously salt the boiling water, add the pasta, and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well. Put the pasta in a warmed large, shallow bowl and poor on the tomato sauce.
Add the basil and oregano (or marjoram) drizzle with olive oil, and toss. Serve immediatley.

It was yummy!
daycare 11:30 AM 04-14-2011
so glad that you are enjoying it. years ago I changed my diet drastically. basically got rid of anything that comes in a box or bag. It was so hard. I think it took me a good 3 months to adjust. I used to miss pasta and stuff, but it's been almost 20 years so I don't really think about it much.

Are you doing this for a life style change or just want to diet?
jen 11:32 AM 04-14-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
so glad that you are enjoying it. years ago I changed my diet drastically. basically got rid of anything that comes in a box or bag. It was so hard. I think it took me a good 3 months to adjust. I used to miss pasta and stuff, but it's been almost 20 years so I don't really think about it much.

Are you doing this for a life style change or just want to diet?
Just a lifestyle change. I am a pretty healthy weight, 115, but as I get older its a little harder to maintain and I'm starting to notice things effect me differently now that I'm in my 40's....

No pasta either??? I don't think I can go there yet! LOL! I do go for the whole grain variety at least! Brown rice?
daycare 11:37 AM 04-14-2011
years ago I became very ill....life threatening experience. After that I decided to completely change my lifestyle. It is not easy, but if you just keep it up you will eventually get it. I think that hardest thing of all is salt… I do eat a tiny bit, but if you think about it packaged food is so salty. It was really hard to make that adjustment more than anything. Food tasted so bland at first and I didnt feel satisfied at first....But I do ok now
Good for you and let me know if I can give you more recipes….
jen 08:37 AM 04-15-2011
You definitely had a pretty powerful motivation. Thank God, you recovered. I don't think I will make it to the extent that you have achieved...but I am anxious to start eliminating and/or reducing foods that aren't healthy.

The meat thing doesn't bother me at all...but I do think I will need the occassional sushi night.
daycare 08:44 AM 04-15-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
You definitely had a pretty powerful motivation. Thank God, you recovered. I don't think I will make it to the extent that you have achieved...but I am anxious to start eliminating and/or reducing foods that aren't healthy.

The meat thing doesn't bother me at all...but I do think I will need the occassional sushi night.
lmao I eat sushi once a year on my bday......I would die without it.
Tags:recipe, vegan, vegetables
Reply Up