Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Daycare
MissLisa08 10:10 AM 05-09-2020
Hello, I just got my license to run my home daycare. With everything going on I'm not sure if I should open now or wait. Is there a way to start advertising with an opening date at a later time? Would I still do interviews and a walk of my daycare even if I'm not opening yet? Also how do I introduce myself to the community as a new provider. Is it hard to get families as a new provider? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Michael 12:41 PM 05-09-2020
Congratulations on you finally getting your license. Here is an article from one of our members that may be helpful in acquiring families for your business.

https://www.daycare.com/news/adverti...r-daycare.html
MissLisa08 04:26 PM 05-09-2020
Thank you! That was very useful. I will start with the advice that was given.
rosieteddy 10:55 AM 05-11-2020
I am not sure where you live but Ma is closed until June 29th.I would take pictures of your setup.Include sleeping area,kitchen/ eating area,yard playroom and Daycare bathroom. I personally would do phone interviews,then send pictures if your interested in the client.I would state that because of the Pandemic you will be opening July first for the first meeting.Then start taking children the next week.If you had a couple of phone interviews with each prospective client Then you could have all your paperwork filled out and ready to start as soon as Quarantine is lifted.If your state is not under Quarantine Iwould still phone interview and send pictures while Idecided if I want them for clients.
MissLisa08 03:45 PM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by rosieteddy:
I am not sure where you live but Ma is closed until June 29th.I would take pictures of your setup.Include sleeping area,kitchen/ eating area,yard playroom and Daycare bathroom. I personally would do phone interviews,then send pictures if your interested in the client.I would state that because of the Pandemic you will be opening July first for the first meeting.Then start taking children the next week.If you had a couple of phone interviews with each prospective client Then you could have all your paperwork filled out and ready to start as soon as Quarantine is lifted.If your state is not under Quarantine Iwould still phone interview and send pictures while Idecided if I want them for clients.
Thank you! I'm in Ca and we are not shut down, I am just not sure I want to open at this time. You gave some great ideas and I will be using telephone interviews for now.
Unregistered 10:56 AM 05-25-2020
I am getting licensed now, too. It was planned before the virus hit. My licensor is off this week but next week should hopefully license me. We had to do a Zoom walk through and she only had to tell me to get my knives locked, so I bought magnetic locks on the spot, and that my fire extinguisher was outdated. And she is reviewing policies.
Tags:marketing ideas, new daycare
Reply Up