Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My Time as a Provider
Hunni Bee 11:58 PM 09-10-2011
Can I call myself a provider??...I work in a center. Teacher doesn't quite get it...nor will I ever touch "daycare worker"....

Anyway, I was going through some things at home, and found two SD cards from my old camera. When I put them in my laptop, I found LOADS pictures of my DCK's spanning nearly four years. Some of them I'd never even seen. I just was always snapping pics...

I came to three conclusions:

1. I have had some ridiculously beautiful kids.

2. My room always looked a mess...no matter how I much I tidied up.

3. I am a good provider. My kids were always happy and smiling...they were playing, painting, cooking, swimming, skating, riding bikes, running through the sprinkler, hugging each other, at the park, the museum, at gymnastics class, having birthday parties...and these were 3 to 5 year olds. I've always provided a rich environment for them, and it made me proud to see the proof of it.
beachgrl 05:31 AM 09-11-2011
I always like seeing all my pics over the years, even including those kiddos I that were a real challenge
nannyde 07:47 AM 09-11-2011
I love the through the years pics.

Nothing to you Hunni so don't take this that way... but I wouldn't allow my assistant to have pics of the kids. The centers I work for have had a TERRIBLE time with this. I've never allowed it and they don't either but it doesn't take long before someones kid ends up on Facebook or Myspace.

Now my assistant can go on the internet and pull pics off my website but I do own them and I pick which ones go on. I haven't had that happen yet.. thank goodness.
Hunni Bee 09:04 AM 09-11-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I love the through the years pics.

Nothing to you Hunni so don't take this that way... but I wouldn't allow my assistant to have pics of the kids. The centers I work for have had a TERRIBLE time with this. I've never allowed it and they don't either but it doesn't take long before someones kid ends up on Facebook or Myspace.

Now my assistant can go on the internet and pull pics off my website but I do own them and I pick which ones go on. I haven't had that happen yet.. thank goodness.
Oh, nope. Im would never in a million years Facebook a picture of my dcks, nor would I allow anyone else to. No one else has even seen the pics I have. Im about the only one my director allows to photograph the kids because she trusts I wouldn't do anything wrong with them.

But I understand what you're saying. That could be really dangerous.
Tags:positive
Reply Up