Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Party For My Kids Tonight
TheGoodLife 08:23 PM 12-10-2013
So I had a 3 hour time when parents brought their kids and we had a party tonight, so they could get some kid-free shopping done. Two of my families were so appreciative and told me how much they got done! My other family, whom I would like to term if I could fill their spot, didn't say thank you or anything. This was all free, mind you. I didn't charge for the time- it was my present to them. Really ruins it for me.

But, on a positive note, my girls and the daycare kids all had fun! I made snowman pancakes, Santa Grinch fruit snacks, the older girls and I make "Elf cookies" for our Elves on the Shelf, and my husband played with the little ones who couldn't make them. One little girl, 14 months, couldn't even walk or stand by 7:45- she was so tired! But no crying!! Now off to bed- I need some rest!
Josiegirl 02:55 AM 12-11-2013
You have a heart of gold doing it for no pay! I'm sorry but by the time closing comes I'm ready for bed, let alone more kid time. That's too bad the one family couldn't even say thank you.
MsLaura529 04:10 AM 12-11-2013
That sounds like so much fun! What an awesome thing you did.
providerandmomof4 04:33 AM 12-11-2013
Really nice of you. I feel greedy now because when I first started to read this thread, I thought to myself, "Oh, that's a good idea to make some extra money..too bad my dcp are probably too cheap." lol!
melilley 05:50 AM 12-11-2013
Awww that was so nice of you! It sounds like a lot of fun!

I can't believe that that family didn't say thank you or anything. How rude! I don't understand how people can be like that.
Josiegirl 04:00 AM 12-14-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Awww that was so nice of you! It sounds like a lot of fun!

I can't believe that that family didn't say thank you or anything. How rude! I don't understand how people can be like that.
I'm very lucky with all my dcfs but rudeness seems to becoming so commonplace in today's society. It's so sad really.
kitykids3 06:43 AM 12-14-2013
I had my Christmas party for the kiddos last night too. Luckily for the most part, I have great parents, but sometimes it happens where they aren't appreciative. It's ok though, because my kids all had a blast last night. Playing with them and watching how happy they were is what it's all about for me.
Tags:christmas party
Reply Up