Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Siblings coming in at drop off/pick up
DaycareMom 06:43 AM 05-14-2014
I have 2 daycare families.
One of the families is DCB 4. His brother is 7 and does not come to my house unless he is in the car during drop off or pick up.

Well, yesterday DCM showed up a little bit early to pick up DCB before his swim class. She allowed her 7 year old to come in with her, and he started going through my home. I said, "hey johnny, come back here. You need to go to class with mommy"
Well, DCM says, "Oh no it's ok. We are early and have time to kill. Go ahead and play"

I was completely taken aback by this and did not know how to respond.

I always try to have this particular kid ready for pick up so he can just GO! He is not a bad kid until his parents are here. They used to just pick up and go, but the last couple weeks, she has been a chatterbox!

I am legally unlicensed so I can't give "regulations" reason, and she picks up before the other family, so I can't say I have somewhere to be ...

I don't want to be rude and I know a huge reason she chose my me is for the "home -like" feel.

How do I get this DCM to take her kid and go? TYIA!
Blackcat31 06:49 AM 05-14-2014
Legally unlicensed or licensed....I bet your insurance doesn't cover him while he is on your property or if he accidentally injures one of your daycare kids.

I'd use that route and tell mom that he is not allowed to go play. Not with the other kids, not with the equipment and not in your house.

He either needs to stay in the car or in the entry right.next.to mom.
TaylorTots 07:01 AM 05-14-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Legally unlicensed or licensed....I bet your insurance doesn't cover him while he is on your property or if he accidentally injures one of your daycare kids.

I'd use that route and tell mom that he is not allowed to go play. Not with the other kids, not with the equipment and not in your house.

He either needs to stay in the car or in the entry right.next.to mom.
Yep.
daycare 07:09 AM 05-14-2014
I use the insurance and I am sorry but I have other kids to tend to, we will see you guys tomorrow. Walk away.
I have one that comes in every morning and is not allowed past my foyer. Well now he has started running up and down my hall. So I put a gate up on the other side and now he can't go any where but in the foyer.

I Love love the dcm, and love talking to her, but when i see that she has DCK with her I just say hi and walk away.

This ends everything. Do you have a back room you can go to out of her vision or ear range?
Second Home 12:02 PM 05-14-2014
Any sibling need to stay in the foyer at pick up time . If for some reason the parents and I go back to the playroom the sibling can come but they are not allowed to stay and play .
Reply Up