Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Husbands Job Uncertainty, Tell Parents Or Not?
Logged out 12:19 PM 12-27-2013
Yesterday my husband got news that his company is going bankrupt and will be publicly filing bankruptcy soon. But he may still have a job for a little while, although that is uncertain.

I was just going to give notice to one daycare family too because I am overwhelmed. But it looks like that won't be happening.....

So, he will be home more, and likely around here more. We may also have to pull my son out of extra activities during the week and that means he will be here with daycare kids more too. He is preschool aged.

Do I tell families hubby will be home more or wait until they ask?
JoseyJo 12:24 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by Logged out:
Yesterday my husband got news that his company is going bankrupt and will be publicly filing bankruptcy soon. But he may still have a job for a little while, although that is uncertain.

I was just going to give notice to one daycare family too because I am overwhelmed. But it looks like that won't be happening.....

So, he will be home more, and likely around here more. We may also have to pull my son out of extra activities during the week and that means he will be here with daycare kids more too. He is preschool aged.

I don't think I would say anything. They may not care at all and if you make a point to tell them they may read more into it than you really mean (like that you are going to move, close down, etc)
nannyde 12:32 PM 12-27-2013
No way. None of their business.
Leigh 01:18 PM 12-27-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
No reason to tell them anything about your private life.
itlw8 01:35 PM 12-27-2013
unless one of the parents has some contacts to help him find a new job I would not say anything it is non of their business. Just like we protect their privacy you protect your dh privacy.
Cradle2crayons 01:42 PM 12-27-2013

daycare 01:49 PM 12-27-2013
add me to the list of none of their business.

years ago I used to be so up front about everything. Then I realized that many of the things that I thought were issues in regards to my family really were just simply none of their business.

Unless it is directly going to affect the care that you provide for their child, they don't need to know.

If someone asks, then at that time you can decide what you want them to or not to know.
cheerfuldom 03:24 PM 12-27-2013
Nope. don't tell them a thing unless it directly affects how and when their kids will be cared for. The rest is none of their business.
Brooksie 03:29 PM 12-27-2013
Its not like its a new person. They don't need to know why he is in his own home. Its no ones business but yours
jenn 06:50 PM 12-27-2013
I wouldn't say anything. As long as your license allows your husband and son to be there full time, it's not really the parent's concern.
MotherNature 05:17 AM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Brooksie:
Its not like its a new person. They don't need to know why he is in his own home. Its no ones business but yours
agreed
gracepatiencelove 06:11 PM 12-28-2013
Originally Posted by Logged out:

I would say nothing. It is not their business unless you are going to involve him in direct care, IMO. I do not notify parents of kids starting or leaving, either.

I hope he finds a new job quickly, that is a tough situation
Lorri 07:15 PM 12-28-2013
I would say anything
kindertouch 01:35 AM 12-29-2013
I agree with everyone, it is not their business at all so I won't tell anything unless someone asks.
safechner 06:37 AM 12-30-2013
I a sorry to hear about your husband. I would say you dont have to tell them unless someone asks. If I were you, I would help him to find a job right now before he lost a job. It would be easier for you and your husband. Just saying.
Reply Up