Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Please Help Me Explain To DCM...
Unregistered 10:10 AM 06-28-2017
Please help me explain to daycare mom that she pays me for M-Th and if she wants her child to come friday, that she needs to pay a new daily rate of $36 regardless of the reason why she missed her regular day.

She pays me $145 M-Th but if she comes Friday she pays me an extra $25 to equal my fulltime rate of $170. After awhile i realize shes getting one over on me because normally part timers should be paying more for extra days instead of getting the benefits of a fulltime spot. Shes assuming my fridays are always available to her child also. My fulltime rate has also increased to 180/week and although i told her my rates wont increase for exsisting families, she is not full time so if she wants the day she should pay me $36. Because that is 180÷5 days. So one day is $36.

She also takes it upon herself to tell me her child will come on friday instead of tuesday to make up for July 4th. Mind you my contract says my holidays are paid. When her child misses a day from illness, she also brings them on friday and doesnt pay me extra for it. My policy states you pay regardless if your child attends or not.

Also, i may be having her choose to pay a fulltime rate or never bringing her child on friday because i will be "filling that spot" and it will no longer be available to her. So how would i explain to her that it is no longer $170/week but now $180? Otherwise she can keep her M-Th for $145.
Blackcat31 10:13 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Please help me explain to daycare mom that she pays me for M-Th and if she wants her child to come friday, that she needs to pay a new daily rate of $36 regardless of the reason why she missed her regular day.

She pays me $145 M-Th but if she comes Friday she pays me an extra $25 to equal my fulltime rate of $170. After awhile i realize shes getting one over on me because normally part timers should be paying more for extra days instead of getting the benefits of a fulltime spot. Shes assuming my fridays are always available to her child also. My fulltime rate has also increased to 180/week and although i told her my rates wont increase for exsisting families, she is not full time so if she wants the day she should pay me $36. Because that is 180÷5 days. So one day is $36.

She also takes it upon herself to tell me her child will come on friday instead of tuesday to make up for July 4th. Mind you my contract says my holidays are paid. When her child misses a day from illness, she also brings them on friday and doesnt pay me extra for it. My policy states you pay regardless if your child attends or not.

Also, i may be having her choose to pay a fulltime rate or never bringing her child on friday because i will be "filling that spot" and it will no longer be available to her. So how would i explain to her that it is no longer $170/week but now $180? Otherwise she can keep her M-Th for $145.
Access to a full time space requires full time payment.

She pays for M, T, W and Th NOT Friday.

She understands.... she's just pushing boundaries.
daycare 10:15 AM 06-28-2017
I think you have posted about this before.

i would let her know. no credits, transfers or make up days.

full time rate is =$$$$
Drop in day is $36
Must notify you by xyz date, like the friday before or 48 hours in advnace and let her know that it will become a first come first serve, so you can't guarantee her the spot every time.
amberrose3dg 10:22 AM 06-28-2017
Sounds like she is trying to get over on you. You just need to be very direct. I have parents that have tried that also. I have found the nicer I am the more they push and simply expect. She will either fall in line or leave.
jenboo 10:24 AM 06-28-2017
If one of my 4 day a weekers wants an extra day, they pay my drop in rate... not the difference between 4 days and 5 days.
mommyneedsadayoff 10:28 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by jenboo:
If one of my 4 day a weekers wants an extra day, they pay my drop in rate... not the difference between 4 days and 5 days.

I would tell her that she either pays the full time rate of $180 or she sticks to the m-th rate and pays $45 (drop in rate) if she wants to use friday, with advance notice and approval from you.

As for the 4th, tell her that tues is a paid holiday and days are not transferable, so if she wants to come friday, the drop in rate is due, as well as her usual fee.
daycarediva 10:37 AM 06-28-2017
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:

I would tell her that she either pays the full time rate of $180 or she sticks to the m-th rate and pays $45 (drop in rate) if she wants to use friday, with advance notice and approval from you.

As for the 4th, tell her that tues is a paid holiday and days are not transferable, so if she wants to come friday, the drop in rate is due, as well as her usual fee.
Yep, it's also harder because you've let it go on for a while so it's what she expects now.

Dcm, I realize that there has been a miscommunication about my policies. My rate for full time care is now 180/week, and my part time rate is X/days. They are set days per week. If you need to pick up a Friday, you have to ask if it's available (24 hours? 48?) advance and pay my drop in rate of X in addition to your weekly rate of X. In addition, they are not always available as I am actively filling the vacancy with drop in children or part timers adding days. If you would like the full time space to guarantee availability, please let me know no later than X.
Ariana 10:40 AM 06-28-2017
Unfortunately if you don't enforce your rules then parents are running your business. Why was she allowed to do any of this stuff if it is in your policy handbook? Parents don't listen to rules if they don't have to, just like kids!!

Stick to your rules, 3 strikes she is out.
Tags:enforcing policies, enforcing policies - consistency
Reply Up