Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hurricane Aftermath
Crazy8 09:09 PM 11-03-2012
Who was affected by the hurricane?? Are you all safe? Did you have much damage? What are you doing about daycare families if you were closed at all??

Fortunately we did not get much damage, we were without power for 4 days but its back now.
Kaddidle Care 05:51 AM 11-04-2012
Our Center was closed all week. No power/no childcare I've been trying to reach the Director as I have the email account but she hasn't responded.

Are you back on the grid? I'm closer to 9 and got back on 2 days ago.
Springdaze 09:29 AM 11-04-2012
closed all last week, except for my dd's 9 yo friend so it was basically a playdate for 2 of the days. I had no power for 3 days and no one worked. how would you charge? would you really expect people who didnt work and didnt get paid to pay you? I have one who pays monthly so Im not worried about her and I know she got paid, but 2 others didnt get paid, so Im not pushing it. act of God is not in my contract!
Crazy8 10:52 AM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Our Center was closed all week. No power/no childcare I've been trying to reach the Director as I have the email account but she hasn't responded.

Are you back on the grid? I'm closer to 9 and got back on 2 days ago.
we got power back Thursday! Thankfully had a generator since Tuesday night though!
Crazy8 10:57 AM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by chellenj:
closed all last week, except for my dd's 9 yo friend so it was basically a playdate for 2 of the days. I had no power for 3 days and no one worked. how would you charge? would you really expect people who didnt work and didnt get paid to pay you? I have one who pays monthly so Im not worried about her and I know she got paid, but 2 others didnt get paid, so Im not pushing it. act of God is not in my contract!
All my parents are in professions/jobs that still got paid for the week. I wasn't sure what to do since there is nothing about it in my contract but basically I only officially closed for 2 days so I am giving them all that as a credit - I could have been open Monday and I was open Thurs & Friday but they chose not to come - we were lucky and power came back early, many are still without power so were staying with relatives/friends out of the area and many work in schools and they have all been closed.
Sprouts 01:17 PM 11-04-2012
I was only closed that ,Monday, but i do have something in my contract that covers us if we have to close due to weather. We do have a generator though. But we are super lucky to have power back, some people in Rockland still have no power I did offer to my fridge and home to families who lost power to keep their food and milk good.
Crazy8 06:35 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
I was only closed that ,Monday, but i do have something in my contract that covers us if we have to close due to weather. We do have a generator though. But we are super lucky to have power back, some people in Rockland still have no power I did offer to my fridge and home to families who lost power to keep their food and milk good.
can you share what your contract says. obviously its something I am adding to mine now.
Reply Up