Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Hosting Date Night Tomorrow
Christina72684 08:42 AM 02-13-2014
What was I thinking?!

Tomorrow I work 8:30-5:30 with my preschoolers and afterschoolers. Then from 5:30-10:30 I'm hosting a Date Night for 5 kids (plus I have 2 of my own). It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't work alone all day, at least then I could get a break. Oh, and then my husband tells me after I already decided to do this that after he gets off work at 8pm he's gonna play basketball with guys from work from 9-11pm so he won't be home to help.

Luckily we are only having a very small Valentine's Day "party" for my 6 preschoolers and that's it, but I'm sure they're gonna be super hyper anyways, especially the afterschoolers since they have parties at school. I'm thinking pizza, popcorn, and a movie and then PJs and then go home!

I'm still gonna be dead tired. Hope I can keep my eyes open! Wish me luck!
jenn 08:56 AM 02-13-2014
Good luck!

I changed my date nights to always be on Fridays or days that we are closed the next day for some reason. I was just too tired the next day to function!
kelsey's kids 10:17 AM 02-13-2014
We are also doing date night this friday but ours is overnight till 10am. We will have 11 dck plus my 3 nieces and nephews.
Josiegirl 10:21 AM 02-13-2014
I have to admit I love the idea but I love the idea of closing the door at 5ish and finally get to breathe, sit down with my pups and listen to.......nothing.
rosieteddy 10:27 AM 02-13-2014
I offered this 10 yrs ago,hated it.I felt that it was a way to have parents appreciate small family daycare.Maybe but way to long of a day. Good luck.
Josiegirl 10:32 AM 02-13-2014
Do you charge extra for this wonderful service?
I'd be tempted when dc is slow. I offered weekend care during one Christmas season, for shopping, etc. Not one family took me up on it but some months later they were all asking me if I still was offering it. Nope, sorry.
Ok, more questions Do you ever have kids that want to go home in the middle of the night? Where do you have them all sleep? 11 dcks plus nieces and nephews, that's a boatload of kids!! Hope it goes well for you!
crazydaycarelady 10:35 AM 02-13-2014
I've never done a date night. I figure after being with the kids 50+ hours per week nobody needs a date night more than me! LOL
kelsey's kids 11:42 AM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:434384:
Do you charge extra for this wonderful service?
I'd be tempted when dc is slow. I offered weekend care during one Christmas season, for shopping, etc. Not one family took me up on it but some months later they were all asking me if I still was offering it. Nope, sorry.
Ok, more questions Do you ever have kids that want to go home in the middle of the night? Where do you have them all sleep? 11 dcks plus nieces and nephews, that's a boatload of kids!! Hope it goes well for you!
We do date night once a month. We charge 20 per family and offer it to the community not just dck most of my dck come every month along with past kids. When they get here we do a pizza or similar for dinner and cool craft, tomorrow we are doing pottery and it is being fired in a kleen on Monday, followed by a snack a games and a movie. They generally fall asleep while watching the movie. Kids bring blankets and pillows and I have all boys on one side of the room girls on the other. I sleep on the couch. Usually up about 9 cook breakfast and kids go home by 10 or get charged a late pick up fee. It is alot of fun and I generally make about 90 bucks after supplies and food.
Christina72684 03:14 PM 02-14-2014
Originally Posted by kelsey's kids:
We do date night once a month. We charge 20 per family and offer it to the community not just dck most of my dck come every month along with past kids. When they get here we do a pizza or similar for dinner and cool craft, tomorrow we are doing pottery and it is being fired in a kleen on Monday, followed by a snack a games and a movie. They generally fall asleep while watching the movie. Kids bring blankets and pillows and I have all boys on one side of the room girls on the other. I sleep on the couch. Usually up about 9 cook breakfast and kids go home by 10 or get charged a late pick up fee. It is alot of fun and I generally make about 90 bucks after supplies and food.
You charge $20 per family overnight?! Wow I'm charging $25 per kid ($20 for sibling) for 5 hours or $15 (no discount for sibling) for 3 hours. We're doing pizza, popcorn, and a movie. This time I have my 2, my daughter's BFF, a one year old, and a 6 month old. Hopefully I'll get more next month. I thought having it on Valentine's Day would help boost my numbers, but honestly I hate going out on this holiday b/c EVERYONE goes out!
Crazy8 06:38 PM 02-16-2014
I offered up a Valentine's night out for my parents and no one was interested. Think they all have free grandma's that they can leave the kids with overnight rather than my 6-11pm. Oh well.
Christina72684 07:29 AM 02-17-2014
It went better than I thought! I said my hours were 5:30-10:30. The first family picked up at 9:30, the next 9:45, and the last at 9:50! Unfortunately none of them wanted to lay down and watch a movie and go to sleep, but that's okay.
Tags:date night
Reply Up