Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It's Monday!
AuntTami 06:01 AM 02-16-2015
I know most people hate Monday's but I'm over here with all 3 of my kids asleep and I'm drinking my 3rd cup of coffee while watching "friends" on the iPad while my kiddos sleep in the other room!

The one kiddo comes at 5:30 and always goes back to sleep. The other one is hit and miss but he's teething so he's asleep too because he didn't sleep well last night. And the third, today is her first day. She cried for 2 minutes, went and curled up in our "lovesac" which is a giant bean bag chair basically, and she fell asleep right away so I moved her to her pnp....

Sure, it's monday. But it's 8am on Monday and I'm still drinking my morning coffee. I chalk it up as it's going to be a great day!

Hope everyone else's Monday goes as well as my morning is going!!

Now that I say this my afternoon is probably going to make me wanna drink a whole bottle of wine after everyone leaves.
Thriftylady 06:16 AM 02-16-2015
My trucker hubby rolled in about 11 PM last night after six long days out. Fine and good but he since he wakes up the roosters he woke me up at five when he got up (not on purpose), then I got a text from DCM saying her kids would be here when grandpa brings them at 10 instead of 7:30 and wouldn't you know I just couldn't get back to sleep? I've had plenty of coffee also though!
AuntTami 06:38 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
My trucker hubby rolled in about 11 PM last night after six long days out. Fine and good but he since he wakes up the roosters he woke me up at five when he got up (not on purpose), then I got a text from DCM saying her kids would be here when grandpa brings them at 10 instead of 7:30 and wouldn't you know I just couldn't get back to sleep? I've had plenty of coffee also though!
Oh man. that stinks. I'm one of those people that can literally sleep anywhere Any time, whether I'm tired or not lol.
Thriftylady 06:47 AM 02-16-2015
Yeah I am usually able to sleep right through him getting up but for some reason today I just couldn't do it. He has gotten up and left early like that before and I have had a conversation and he would bring it up later and I say "I never talked to you this morning" lol. But not today lol.
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 02-16-2015
I Monday's. They are always easy and mellow....

It's Tuesdays that are my "worst day" of the week.

There is no school today so my "light" Monday is even lighter....Hopefully I will be able to get some much needed paperwork done.

It's been pretty cold here lately so I am praying we get some half way decent weather so we can get outside in the fresh air.

Hoping everyone has a fantastic week!!
Controlled Chaos 07:20 AM 02-16-2015
Closed today! I was open MLK though
Unregistered 07:37 AM 02-16-2015
Closed too! Its a holiday here still in my pj's sipping coffee while my kiddos and hubby sleep
Happy Monday!
Kabob 07:42 AM 02-16-2015
Fridays are usually the worst day of the week for me. Everyone is just is done with daycare by then.

Mondays usually the kids are so pooped from a busy weekend with no routine that they usually just want an early nap and play quietly for the most part.

I better go knock on wood before I jinx myself...
Rockgirl 07:46 AM 02-16-2015
Pretty good so far here today. I'm short two kids, leaving me with four. I'm predicting a solid nap--they all seem tired from the weekend.
Pepperth 07:49 AM 02-16-2015
Coffee totally makes Monday worth it. Come to think of it, coffee makes every day worth it.
Controlled Chaos 07:54 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
Coffee totally makes Monday worth it. Come to think of it, coffee makes every day worth it.
truth
finsup 08:16 AM 02-16-2015
Not closed, but no kids today! Aside from my own tues-fri is super busy though. Glad you're having a good Monday too!
Kimskiddos 08:19 AM 02-16-2015
Originally Posted by Kabob:
Fridays are usually the worst day of the week for me. Everyone is just is done with daycare by then.

Mondays usually the kids are so pooped from a busy weekend with no routine that they usually just want an early nap and play quietly for the most part.

I better go knock on wood before I jinx myself...
This is me too. Fridays are busy and can get very hectic towards the end of the day.

Monday's are my easy day because I have fewer kids and they are tired. Today I only have 2 boys and they will have an early lunch and nap. It's cold and wet so likely a movie afternoon. Easy peasy.
AuntTami 09:43 AM 02-16-2015
I jinxed myself. New little one is getting sent home with a fever of 100.7. Awesome.
Reply Up