Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>background checks
Unregistered 07:47 AM 07-28-2009
I live in Ohio. I want to know if a business can background check employees and then send them out as substitute teachers to preschools and daycare facilities. My understanding is that in Ohio, your background check must be sent to the facility you work for, which would be very costly if you wanted to substitute for a variety of facilities. Is it possible for the background check to be sent to a company that then sends out subs to facilities, so that it would only have to be done one time?
Unregistered 05:40 AM 07-29-2009
Does anyone have any suggestions as to whom I should talk to about my question? The local ODJFS office had no answers for me. They suggested I talk to the attorney general, but they also couldn't answer my question about the federal background check. They did answer about the state background check, but didn't know about the federal.
judytrickett 07:14 AM 07-29-2009
background checks are only good up to the day you do them. AND, they often don't show anything that occurred outside of state/provincial/country lines. I think personal references from other families is always a better option.
seashell 08:18 AM 07-29-2009
I think the easy answer for you would come from your licensing dept.
mac60 08:26 AM 07-29-2009
I honestly have no idea. What I am wondering though is.....if you are working for a company that hires you as their employee, then send you out for daycare work, and they do the background check, seems you would be covered. Just a thought.
Unregistered 05:02 PM 07-29-2009
Mac60,

That's what I thought, but the atty. general seemed to think there is a federal law that federal background checks must be sent directly to the company you work for, which means that if you wanted to sub for three different centers, then you would have to get three seperate federal background checks each costing $40 a piece. So, if anyone has any idea of who I would need to talk to about this, I would greatly appreciate any input and advice!
Reply Up