Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Making The Transition To Centre
godiva83 08:54 AM 10-07-2011
So- thankfully my small HDC has turned into a great success with a rather large waiting list there is high demand for HDC spots in my area.
I was going to attempt to switch to just a nursery program, but in researching there just wasn't the need so instead I have been putting in motion the plans to open a centre outside of the home. The centre would have;
1 infant class (10) 1 toddler class (12-15) and 1 preschool (15-20) and 8 staff plus myself and hopefully a support staff
However, as I have been doing some leg work I have come to find there are several centers in my area and some are having a hard time filling spaces
I am worried that this will be a huge gambal and am debating on waiting- but more centers keep popping up left, right and centre- I don't want to miss out. Could it be the demographic in my area simply prefer HDC over centres?
godiva83 08:56 AM 10-07-2011
Sorry any advice or how I should go about researching the need, preparing a business plan would be much appreciated! I have a meeting with my bank next mOnth to go over finances and I am positive they will want to see some detailed reports, plans and backing for this project
Pammie 09:22 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
So- thankfully my small HDC has turned into a great success with a rather large waiting list there is high demand for HDC spots in my area.

However, as I have been doing some leg work I have come to find there are several centers in my area and some are having a hard time filling spaces

Could it be the demographic in my area simply prefer HDC over centres?
I think you've answered your own question
Sprouts 11:46 AM 10-07-2011
Why dont you just open up another home day care instead? I think it will be much cheaper and less of a head ache with all of the extra regs that come along with it =/
Sugar Magnolia 11:54 AM 10-07-2011
Maybe think smaller? I agree with sprouts in some ways...I would LOVE to go into details about how I made a small center work. Its a huge volume of info though, so PM me if you want to hear more!
Tags:home to center, inhome vs center
Reply Up