Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Our Newest Addition To The Daycare Room...
newtodaycare22 10:05 AM 12-21-2011
The kids barely spoke to me today
Attached: 2011-12-21 11.20.19.jpg (68.7 KB) 
lil angels 10:08 AM 12-21-2011
Oh fun. I have a train set that we take out once in awhile and it covers the whole daycare from floor and they can't get enough of it.
Meeko 10:23 AM 12-21-2011
Originally Posted by newtodaycare22:
The kids barely spoke to me today
I want one of these so bad!
daycare 10:32 AM 12-21-2011
We have a great thomas one similar to that one....the kids go through spurts... I take it out every three months or so and then it goes away for awhile.

I think that the hard part for the kids is to be able to design a train track that will fit on the table by themselves. They all tend to get frustrated so they end up taking the track to the floor.
newtodaycare22 10:35 AM 12-21-2011
I have 1 two year old who did get a little frustrated with creating the tracks. My others are 3-4 and did a great job working together and playing nicely. A parent actually donated it and I rearranged the room to fit it in. The nice thing is that the plywood top flips over to show blank wood and we can use it as a surface for other things too (like our ginormous dora doll house that i just swapped out )
Zoe 01:01 PM 12-21-2011
My husband built a table and then we got a 100 piece train set complete with buildings, people, trees, etc. The table has a drawer for all of these things so that when the kids are bored with the train, they can put it away and use the table for puzzles, cars, whatever they choose! It's the center of our play room and I am so happy that I have it!

Train tables rock!
Country Kids 01:18 PM 12-21-2011
I just bought one two weeks ago!!!!! I love it but the two year olds have such a hard time with it that I pretty much let the 3+ crowd use it.
They just love it as my SA do to.
Rachel 10:11 PM 12-21-2011
Like! I have trains but they are not up in the daycare area now (I have babies, oldest is 18m). When I have older kids I will be pulling out the trains, the kids love them!
Tags:toys, train set
Reply Up