Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Daycare.com Member

Question Fall & Halloween Craft Ideas

I've only been opened 3 months, and the fall is my favorite time of the year, so I can't wait to do some seasonal crafts with the kids. But I have no clue what to do! What works best with 1-3 year olds? What's easy and cute? I have lots of paints, colored paper, glitter, felt, yarn, and many other craft supplies but have no clue what to do with them!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default Turkeys for sure

One of my favorite for the fall season is the Turkey for Thanksgiving. The one that you make with the childs hand print. There is several different versions. I like the one with paint prints. But I also like the one that you cut out the hand and add colorful feathers for the turkeys fantail. The pilgrim hats as well as a sit down feast to go with it. For halloween, I love anything pumkins. I think I seen a craft once that took one of those tiny water bottles and painted them orange, sticker eyes nose mouth thing.
Carissa
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM

We made fall trees today. For the littlest ones I drew the outline of a tree trunk on construction paper and had them glue different colored tissue paper squares for the fall leaves. The older ones drew their own trees and glued the tissue paper for both the leaves, and brown for the tree trunk as well. Simple, but they always have fun just gluing anything and everything .
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Daycare Member

One of my favorites is to do a fall tree too.

I paint the child's hand and entire forearm up to their elbow with brown paint and then they press onto paper, making the whole tree (trunk and branches) then they finger dip the leaves with yellow, red and orange.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammie View Post

I paint the child's hand and entire forearm up to their elbow with brown paint and then they press onto paper, making the whole tree (trunk and branches) then they finger dip the leaves with yellow, red and orange.
I want to do this! What size paper do you use that fits their whole arm?
Old 09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Daycare.com Member

We did a fall tree to today. We used finger prints for different colored leaves. My fav time of year by far!!

You can also make: (If you google them you can see the images )

Using paper plates:

Owls
scarecrow faces
cute apples that look like they were eaten
Pumpkins ... you can also cut out faces and line the back side of the plate with yellow paper like their glowing

Sun catchers using contact paper: (love these)
apples
acorns

Paper bag pumpkins ... Stuff the bottom, paint bottom orange and the stem brown
Decortate pine cones and hang around the room
Later in october we paint pumpkins

Gosh I could keep going ..... Did I say I LOVE FALL!!!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammie View Post

My 1 & 2 yo are making apple trees today this way! I use several websites to get ideas for crafts and activities to use with the kids. Depending on the ages that I have a particular day, I will simplify or expand on an idea.

Some of the sights I use are:
Kids soup.com
All Kids Network
DLTK
Preschool Rock.com
Old 09-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Daycare Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidzmama View Post
I want to do this! What size paper do you use that fits their whole arm?
I buy rolls of butcher paper at Sam's club - for us to use on BIG projects - I can cut whatever size we need
Old 09-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina72684 View Post
I've only been opened 3 months, and the fall is my favorite time of the year, so I can't wait to do some seasonal crafts with the kids. But I have no clue what to do! What works best with 1-3 year olds? What's easy and cute? I have lots of paints, colored paper, glitter, felt, yarn, and many other craft supplies but have no clue what to do with them!
Here is kite made out of brown paper bags that is simple and I did it with my DS who is 4. I let him do all of the coloring and and when we tried it out it worked. You can have the parents send their kids with an old brown shopping bag. here is the link for the craft: http://factorydirectcraft.com/factor...aper-bag-kite/

Tags
crafts, fall season - craft ideas, halloween