Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Talk Me through This Schedule Change and Possible Rate Change
Indoorvoice 03:25 PM 07-16-2015
I signed a family on this spring with the understanding that they would be full time 5 days a week. Now dcm is switching jobs and only needs 4 days a week. She is not willing to send dck 5 days. My contract is a daily rate for 4-5 days, but I've been switching my new enrollees to a flat weekly rate for 4-5 days so that if they go from a scheduled 5 days a week to 4,i don't have to lower my income. This family is not on the new contract so their weekly rate would drop from $150/week to $120. Is it fair for me to tell her that she can switch to 4 days, but rate will stay the same even if the current contract doesn't say that? Or do I need to lower that rate? How would you handle it? I want to be fair, but I also signed her on because I thought she would be 5 days a week.
Blackcat31 03:34 PM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I signed a family on this spring with the understanding that they would be full time 5 days a week. Now dcm is switching jobs and only needs 4 days a week. She is not willing to send dck 5 days. My contract is a daily rate for 4-5 days, but I've been switching my new enrollees to a flat weekly rate for 4-5 days so that if they go from a scheduled 5 days a week to 4,i don't have to lower my income. This family is not on the new contract so their weekly rate would drop from $150/week to $120. Is it fair for me to tell her that she can switch to 4 days, but rate will stay the same even if the current contract doesn't say that? Or do I need to lower that rate? How would you handle it? I want to be fair, but I also signed her on because I thought she would be 5 days a week.
I would tell her if she needs to make a schedule change, then she will need to abide by the new policies and make a new contract.

Depending on the family and how easy/hard the kids are I would maybe just maybe consider offering her a discount since she is only coming 4 days instead of 5. I am willing to take the loss of $10-15 for the lighter work load.

I would NOT discount or credit a full days rate....regardless of how many kids she has. I would not go less than $10-15. That way I am compromising too.

Just not my income.

HTH
Thriftylady 03:37 PM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would tell her if she needs to make a schedule change, then she will need to abide by the new policies and make a new contract.

Depending on the family and how easy/hard the kids are I would maybe just maybe consider offering her a discount since she is only coming 4 days instead of 5. I am willing to take the loss of $10-15 for the lighter work load.

I would NOT discount or credit a full days rate....regardless of how many kids she has. I would not go less than $10-15. That way I am compromising too.

Just not my income.

HTH
I was thinking something similar. Then when you redo it, you can tell her that you are giving her a discount, but you still need to abide by your policies. Finding a kiddo to fill one day a week will be near impossible.
Tags:rate increase, schedule change
Reply Up