Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are You Closing? Covid 19
Unregistered 09:03 AM 03-26-2020
I am a before/after school care provider in Ohio. Since school is closed, I have transitioned to watching children full time in order to keep the bills paid. I am struggling with this decision now that the stimulus bill (I believe) may extend unemployment benefits to people like me? I may be wrong about that but either way I know we will get relief checks eventually. Anyway, we are social distancing completely - no one is coming in or out other than my daycare kiddos, so our familys risk is limited to the daycare and any trips we make to the grocery.

What would you do? I love these kids dearly, they are close family friends and excellent clients. I want to protect my family and also be a good friend and provider.

Have you closed? If you're still operating, what precautions are you taking?
Blackcat31 09:22 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am a before/after school care provider in Ohio. Since school is closed, I have transitioned to watching children full time in order to keep the bills paid. I am struggling with this decision now that the stimulus bill (I believe) may extend unemployment benefits to people like me? I may be wrong about that but either way I know we will get relief checks eventually. Anyway, we are social distancing completely - no one is coming in or out other than my daycare kiddos, so our familys risk is limited to the daycare and any trips we make to the grocery.

What would you do? I love these kids dearly, they are close family friends and excellent clients. I want to protect my family and also be a good friend and provider.

Have you closed? If you're still operating, what precautions are you taking?
There are tons of threads regarding COVID-19 actions

Here are the search results using tags at the bottom of the threads

Many of the threads discuss precautions, special rules being put in place as well as payment options/actions by providers.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=covid-19
Cat Herder 09:36 AM 03-26-2020
Thank you. I was about to say the same.

It is hard to keep up with the 12-14 threads we currently have going on this topic.

I am getting tired. Consider registering so you can see the tags and members forum.
Tags:closing due to pandemic, covid-19, covid-19 and daycare
Reply Up