Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Person who posted about "Messy Week"
BusyBee 05:48 AM 08-25-2011
My one complaint about this site is that no matter what I search for I NEVER get the results I am looking for!!

I was looking for the post by the person who was having a "messy week" with the kids. I was thinking of doing this next week as it is our last week of summer (Hallelujah!!!) and was just curious what activities you did and how everything went. Was it a good idea when all was said and done?

Thanks!!!
Cat Herder 06:27 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by BusyBee:
My one complaint about this site is that no matter what I search for I NEVER get the results I am looking for!!

!!
That because few are adding tags to their posts.
WImom 06:31 AM 08-25-2011
That was me.

We did the following:

-Made mud pies (i got a bunch of stuff from the dollar store - muffin tins, pie tins, spoons, potato mashers, etc)

-Painted with icecubes (filled ice cub trays with water and washable paint and froze)

-Painted with hands and feet

we had rain two days so I didn't get to do the last one I had planned which was using shaving cream on the picnic tables.

They really liked the ice cube painting. I had them color with crayons first and then paint over it with the ice cubes. They liked the mud pies but that was a mess for sure. I think my own kids were the messiest though since they were trying to make the worlds tallest mud pie...lol. (They are 8 and 6)
BusyBee 06:32 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
Aha!! I thought they just searched for words in the posts... Maybe I need to do an advanced one or something next time? Thanks!
BusyBee 06:34 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
That was me.

We did the following:

-Made mud pies (i got a bunch of stuff from the dollar store - muffin tins, pie tins, spoons, potato mashers, etc)

-Painted with icecubes (filled ice cub trays with water and washable paint and froze)

-Painted with hands and feet

we had rain two days so I didn't get to do the last one I had planned which was using shaving cream on the picnic tables.

They really liked the ice cube painting. I had them color with crayons first and then paint over it with the ice cubes. They liked the mud pies but that was a mess for sure. I think my own kids were the messiest though since they were trying to make the worlds tallest mud pie...lol. (They are 8 and 6)
Thank you!! I think my kids would love this and they would be shocked that I am letting them do it, I think. LOL I am fairly strict and like to keep things clean. I don't let them get away with a lot, so I think this would be great for them.
Crazy8 11:08 AM 08-25-2011
but up top there is a search feature - we should be able to plug in a word and do a search - that is what never works!!! There is a separate "tag search" and after a while people figure out that's what we need to use but really, the regular search feature should work better than it does!

as for messy week - I didn't read that last time, looks like fun!!
Cat Herder 11:15 AM 08-25-2011
Originally Posted by LittleDiamonds:
but up top there is a search feature - we should be able to plug in a word and do a search - that is what never works!!! There is a separate "tag search" and after a while people figure out that's what we need to use but really, the regular search feature should work better than it does!

as for messy week - I didn't read that last time, looks like fun!!
I use both... I figured that is how they all were.

I have noticed I do better with using several terms instead of just one. ex:

"organization playroom toys" (1838 hits) instead of "storage" (243 hits)
SandeeAR 11:36 AM 08-25-2011
Probably b/c most of us don't know how or where to add tags to a post. I know I don't.
Cat Herder 01:17 PM 08-25-2011
Right below the posts of each thread, on the bottom right hand corner, is a link that says "edit tags".

Click it and a box will open for you to type them in.
Tags:search, tags
Reply Up