Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviewing for Wait List?
childcaremom 07:55 AM 04-06-2015
I know that some of you interview continuously and will add families to your waitlist. How do you word this with them, specifically that you do not have any openings but are interviewing for possible spaces in the future? Or is it as simple as that?

Also, have you had any issues with current families questioning why you are interviewing still, if you are full?

I would love to be able to build a waitlist but wondering how to approach that with families.

TIA!
Blackcat31 08:22 AM 04-06-2015
Originally Posted by childcaremom:
I know that some of you interview continuously and will add families to your waitlist. How do you word this with them, specifically that you do not have any openings but are interviewing for possible spaces in the future? Or is it as simple as that?

Also, have you had any issues with current families questioning why you are interviewing still, if you are full?

I would love to be able to build a waitlist but wondering how to approach that with families.

TIA!
Sent you a PM
childcaremom 08:42 AM 04-06-2015
Thanks!
daycarediva 08:57 AM 04-06-2015
I say that I am interviewing for anticipated openings available X/X, and I do let interviewing families know that should an opening become available sooner, I will notify them via email.

I am ALWAYS interviewing and a waiting list comes in handy in this business. I have never had an opening for more than a week or two.
nothingwithoutjoy 09:59 AM 04-06-2015
When someone calls asking about space, I tell them I am full and give them a sense of when I might have room: "I am full right now. I will have some openings this fall when children leave for kindergarten," or "I am full right now, and don't anticipate any openings until fall of 2016," but I always let them know that you never know when something might unexpectedly open up. Then, if they're still intereseted, depending on how long my waiting list is at the moment, I will either invite them to come for a visit now and then I'll put them on my waiting list, or I add them to a "call if anything changes" list. I started that second list when it started to get ridiculous to add more people to my waiting list (i.e. not likely that I'll ever get to them).
Tags:interviewing for wait list, waiting list
Reply Up