Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Many Children Can I Watch In PA Without Being Registered/Certified?
Mandolin830 07:50 PM 11-25-2012
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a question for anyone familiar with the regulations in PA. I currently work at a daycare center, but I cannot afford to have my two children there because my income is my family's only reliable income right now. (My husband just started his business this year.) I would like to begin watching a few children in our home so that I could have the opportunity to be at home with my boys. My questions are:

How many children can I watch in PA without being registered or licensed?

Does my home have to be zoned for home business?

Does it make a difference if I am renting the home?

I appreciate any help anyone can give me! It is wreaking havoc on my family being away from my sons, only to spend my days with other people's children, while I pay a sitter to watch my own kids. Thank you so much.
Michael 02:56 AM 11-26-2012
Standards and ratios for your state: https://www.daycare.com/pennsylvania/
Mandolin830 08:09 PM 11-26-2012
I see the ratio for "small family child care homes" is 4-6, not including my own. Does this mean that if I watch 3 or less children that I do not need to register or be certified?
LK5kids 11:57 PM 11-26-2012
Possibly. I would call your licensing agency or child care resource and referral to make sure.
thatdivalady 08:22 PM 11-27-2012
In PA you are allowed to watch 3 children including your own without being registered. Hope that helps!
Tags:pennsylvania
Reply Up