Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So, Normally I Wouldn't And I Did...And Didn't Even Know It...
Christian Mother 03:45 PM 01-13-2012
I watched a little guy today who seemed just fine today...things however I did notice kind of strange is that he actually pooped at daycare...kind of loss but hey I usually got a poop! Then at lunch he ate his food but it took me spoon feeding him to get him to eat it bc he isn't much for beans and little smokie's. Thing that made my eyes go up...he didn't ask for seconds. Hmmm not like him. After nap time...he didn't eat all his cheese its. Which he can done not kiddin' in less then a min. and I do give him quiet a lot today more then I normally do bc I was feeding his brother and wanted to keep him occupied. Didn't eat really any????

So, I bet you can just guess what happened to me when mom and dad came to pick up...right?!!!

"How is little guy doing today for ya....he throw up last night during bedtime?"

Yummmmm......

Explains a lot doesn't it!!

She said that he wasn't runny a temp. or anything...I think that was her reasoning for bring him to daycare.

Then her phone rings and she's on it all the way out the door. I don't even bother talking to dad.

Makes me sooo mad...here I go again having to clean clean clean and disinfect!! Well, at least I have a 3 day week with out any kids and he is able to get over what ever he has. Lord give me patience!
momma2girls 03:49 PM 01-13-2012
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
I watched a little guy today who seemed just fine today...things however I did notice kind of strange is that he ashually pooped at daycare...kind of loss but hey I usually got a poop! Then at lunch he ate his food but it took me spoon feeding him to get him to eat it bc he isn't much for beans and little smokie's. Thing that made my eyes go up...he didn't ask for seconds. Hmmm not like him. After nap time...he didn't eat all his cheese its. Which he can done not kiddin' in less then a min. and I do give him quiet a lot today more then I normally do bc I was feeding his brother and wanted to keep him occupied. Didn't eat really any????

So, I bet you can just guess what happened to me when mom and dad came to pick up...right?!!!

"How is little guy doing today for ya....he throw up last night during bedtime?"

I would make sure and tell them, what your policy is. I would say if it ever happened again, then you really need to do something about it. I hope you and your entire family, doesn't get it, or any other daycare children.

Yummmmm......

Explains a lot doesn't it!!

She said that he wasn't runny a temp. or anything...I think that was her reasoning for bring him to daycare.

Then her phone rings and she's on it all the way out the door. I don't even bother talking to dad.

Makes me sooo mad...here I go again having to clean clean clean and disinfect!! Well, at least I have a 3 day week with out any kids and he is able to get over what ever he has. Lord give me patience!
I would make sure and tell them, what your policy is. I would say if it ever happened again, then you really need to do something about it. I hope you and your entire family, doesn't get it, or any other daycare children.
Christian Mother 04:04 PM 01-13-2012
Ohhh...it's already happend...he had it fri before Christmas and was asked to be picked up...no problems with that...then my daughter got it a wk later and had been sick for 2 wks. She's fine now but if this little guy got it again that means everyone can get it again. Thank goodness I only had him and his brother and a drop in which I told already last week that my daughter was sick and had thrown up...same issues as this little guy but she brought her son and her 7 month baby. Didn't seem to care at all that my daughter was contagious. I did give her the option...she took it. She was here 2 hrs though for a scheduled facial. I hope her son doesn't get it though as he's already been exposed to it so even if this little guy was sick...it didn't matter...everyone now has it.

No one else in my family has gotten it...not sure if it is bc we've had it before and our immune system is good not to really get it..or what. But she knows the rules. She is just going to end up giving it to the baby and it's going to go all over their family again. Man I just wish all the sick stuff would get passed..I really am sooo tired of cleaning...that is what I feel like I do every second of the day when I don't have kiddos to watch.
daycare 04:13 PM 01-13-2012
I would be sending them an email this weekend. Cool off so you don't say something you will regret..

I would say something like:

Before entering *** daycare, you signed and agreed to my illness policy. This is a reminder of what my policy is.

(state your policy)

KNOWINGLY sending your child to daycare ill, is against DC policies and should this happen again, your child will be terminated. Please understand that when a child is sent to DC ill, that it puts all children, the provider and all family members at risk. Please respect all members of the DC just as they do for you and your children by keeping their sick children home.
Christian Mother 09:53 PM 01-13-2012
Your right, I need to do that. I have been lazy bc we've had all these breaks.
Everyone has been getting over something or another not to mention my daughter. I am thinking that my daughter and her son are passing it back and for worth. I feel kind of responsible bc I didn't call her and tell her in the beginning of the week that the night before my daughter throw up. I didn't tell anyone bc she throw up once and then was bouncing around the next day...but I did call her in from school all week. I should of at least gave ever one the heads up that I'd be keeping her home but a way from the kids. I guess that is what I get. I know that these parents would still bring their kids to me even if she's sick. But still this is my fault.

What I will do is on Tues. ask how dcb's weekend went and if he felt any better. Mention to give me a call that night or even early in the morning so I know ahead of time what to expect and to keep a closer eye on him...bc I didn't today. I did notice a few things like diarrhea and he wasn't eating as much as he normally does but I thought he just didn't like what I served today and also he was trying to force him self to go poop bc I give gummy bears ever time a child goes poop and he has been wanting one every day but he wouldn't go for me but today.

Well, I hope he is able to get better during the weekend kick it out of his system. I am cleaning everything toys, sheets, blankets, walls, tables, chairs, and floors...everything hopefully by tues. I'll be ready for the kiddo's. I am sooo looking forward to a long 3 day weekend!!
Tags:disinfect, illness policy, parents - are clueless, sick policy
Reply Up