Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>In Tears
rmc20021 04:47 AM 04-12-2013
I just posted about my assistant and how she's been helping me out due to my parents being hospitalized...and one of my dck's JUST arrived. I'm in tears right now.

My closing time is 5:30 and the one family I termed a couple weeks ago for non payment came 20 minutes early. I told them dcg MUST be picked up by 5:30 today. They are also notorious for picking up late. Dcm started going on about how she can't take off work, that if she misses any more work she's going to get fired etc.

I told her that if she can't get dcg picked up by 5:30 then she's not going to be able to stay because my parents have to come first and I'm already having to pay someone else to come in today to stay with the kids while I go take care of other matters with my parents. My mom is supposed to be released today (she also should be going into a nursing home) and I won't have time to do all the stuff I need for my dad, plus get her home within the two hours during the day which my assistant will be here.

I'm so fed up with this family. Today is the first payday also since I allowed this family to come back. I've got the feeling they will be termed on the spot.

I've got too much going on to worry about their sob story, which they seem to have every single day. It's NOT my fault she's missed work and about to be fired. If they cannot pick up their child on time, don't want to pay late fees for picking up late, and cannot accomodate me when I ASK them to pick up on time, then I have no other choice.

I'm just so sick of this family...if I didn't love the little girl so much I'd have never taken them back to begin with.
cheerfuldom 06:26 AM 04-12-2013
so you termed and then took them back?

if nothing has changed, type up an immediate term notice and send the child home with that today. and be done with it permanently.
hope 06:39 AM 04-12-2013
I'm sorry about your parents. I'm sure it is a stressful time for you. I wish this family would realize this. Hugs.
momofsix 06:39 AM 04-12-2013
How frustrating for you and how absolutely rude of them
It's not like you're even asking for her to take the day off or anything-just come on time! I don't think I could work with someone that rude and selfish.
Praying things work out with your parents-it's a tough time when it starts getting to the point where they can't take care of themselves anymore.

LaLa1923 06:42 AM 04-12-2013
I'm sorry to hear about your parents!

I really don't get a LOT of parents today! They are clueless I swear! I wish we could just switch roles for a week........I'd term
Blackcat31 07:54 AM 04-12-2013
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I hope you are managing okay.

(((((hugs)))))

As far as this family goes, I am NOT understanding how this parent's issues with work and possibly getting fired for missing work has anything to do with you.

It's all part of the territory when it comes to having children.

Tell the DCM to put on her big girl panties, stop whining and figure it out.

Parenting IS hard but it's HER job to deal with it.
butterfly 10:17 AM 04-12-2013
Praying for you, Dear. Also praying for your parents.
Tags:parents - are clueless
Reply Up