Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Proven, Simple Record Keeping Methods?
drseuss 07:40 AM 08-14-2014
I have always used the Calendar Keeper by Redleaf Press, and I love it. I do not use it to its full capacity. Somehow I need to get myself more organized, because tax time is an absolute nightmare for me every year. We almost always end up filing an extension. I have decided no more of that!

What systems are you using that make your end-of-the-year tax filing go smoothly? What habits have you formed that help you stay organized all year?
Blackcat31 07:56 AM 08-14-2014
Minute Menu Kids.

Enter ALL entries once a week at the same time.

Simply hit print when tax time rolls around.

MMK tracks all payments and expenses as well as a variety of other things that make it's use MORE than worth it.
drseuss 08:00 AM 08-14-2014
That's the food program software I use but I do not have the full version. I will explore that. Are you able to prepare your own tax return using MMK?
Blackcat31 08:03 AM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by drseuss:
That's the food program software I use but I do not have the full version. I will explore that. Are you able to prepare your own tax return using MMK?
I am not sure. I know lots of providers do (the print outs even tell you what forms the info goes on)

I just print out the final tally's hand it to my tax preparer and let her do her thing. My cost for tax preparation is less than $200 and both my DH and I are self-employed so I am sure it's not an easy task for our accountant but I'd rather hire someone than try to do it myself.

Much less stress that way.

oh, and yes...I have the MMK Pro version.
Cat Herder 08:22 AM 08-14-2014
MMK Pro. It is a godsend.

I don't do the Food Program, but the FULL MMK program is well worth the $69.95 a year I pay (then deduct ) .

*I added the "mind your business" tag below only because I wanted to see where it went... The suggestion popped up when adding mmk tags. I will delete it in a bit.. just looks fun.*
TomCopeland 02:11 PM 08-14-2014
Originally Posted by drseuss:
Minute Menu Kids Pro (the version with the accounting section) is not tax preparation software. However, you can print out reports the mirror the tax forms, making it very easy to transfer the number from your reports to your tax return.
Crazy8 02:24 PM 08-14-2014
I prefer my own excel forms to any of the programs out there. I have different ones for different things and can customize them to do any calculations I need.
Tags:mind your business, minute menu kids pro, minute menu kids vs calendar keeper, mmk
Reply Up