Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rate issues.
jojosmommy 08:13 PM 08-06-2012
I have a set rate for full time and a rate for part time which is only $10 less per week.

$140/5 days
$130/4 days

This is more than others are charging in this area usually between 125-130 is the typical for 5 days.

I have never charged based on attendance with a minimum number of days per week.

Had a parent ask today if they could pay a 3 day minimum. Will attend 5 days or 4 days MOST weeks but when they rotate weekends (VERY COMMON HERE) they only want to pay 3 days. So, I wanted to modify my rate to accomodate that request but still work out fair to me.

I feel like no matter what I am going to be selling her on this idea because I will have to charge more per day than I typically do (while trying to sell myself on the idea of WHY I should do it).

WWYD?
Blackcat31 08:56 PM 08-06-2012
Your rates are:
$140/5 is $28 per day
$130/4 is $32.50 per day

I would probably go $110 for 3 days which is $36.66 per day.

It is enough of a discount to be fair to both of you IMO. They get a bit of a deal one week a month and you get a couple days with one less kid while only being out $30 per month which seems like a fair trade to me.

This is based on maybe only doing 3 days a week once per month, which is how most our rotating shifts work here, so hopefully it is similar where you are.
mema 11:01 AM 08-07-2012
When I first started out, I charged a daily rate. It didn't take me long to change that

Now I charge $140 straight across the board-doesn't matter age or days in attendance-it's still the same.

I would say if you are going to discount it, I wouldn't do anymore than what Blackcat suggested. Enough to keep them happy, but not enough for you to lose out on too much money.

On an unrelated topic, how was your day off last week? Hope you got to enjoy some time to yourself!
Reply Up