Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Reoccurring Accidents After Pull Up Trial Period
Indoorvoice 01:22 PM 04-08-2016
Dcg will be 3 shortly. Started wearing underwear at just 2yo at home. Started wearing undies here at about 2.5 after 2 weeks of no accidents. As soon as I switch her to undies here, she will go a whole week or more with no accidents and then all of a sudden start having poop and pee accidents again almost daily. So I switch her back to pull ups and she immediately stops having accidents until we go to underwear. Parents are adamant about underwear and claim that accidents don't happen at home. When do you quit and say she's just not ready?
childcaremom 01:28 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Dcg will be 3 shortly. Started wearing underwear at just 2yo at home. Started wearing undies here at about 2.5 after 2 weeks of no accidents. As soon as I switch her to undies here, she will go a whole week or more with no accidents and then all of a sudden start having poop and pee accidents again almost daily. So I switch her back to pull ups and she immediately stops having accidents until we go to underwear. Parents are adamant about underwear and claim that accidents don't happen at home. When do you quit and say she's just not ready?
1 accident and back to pull ups. It doesn't sound like she's ready. I'd tell mom and dad that it's my house and my rules. Sanitary reasons alone require accidents be contained. I also require 1 month accident free but earlier at my discretion.
Leigh 03:08 PM 04-08-2016
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
After the second accident, for sure, it's time for pull ups. In this case, I'd wait for at least a month of accident free pull ups before I went back to underwear. Maybe try the thick Gerber underwear that feels more diaper-like, so she may feel more like she's wearing a pull-up (since she doesn't go in those). Kids train when THEY want to. I wouldn't care about whether she has control over it or not. If she's going in her underwear, she can't wear underwear at MY house. They can do what they like at home. Physical issue or emotional doesn't matter. No underwear when a kid is using it for toileting.
Tags:accidents, pull ups, transitioning - diapers to underwear
Reply Up