Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What days do you close your daycare?
permanentvacation 07:02 AM 11-27-2012
I am re-writing my daycare contract for next year and would like to add more days off for myself. I was wondering what days you guys close, how many days you take for vacation days, and how many total days you close per year.
Angelwings36 07:13 AM 11-27-2012
I take all stat holidays (I am in Canada), 5 personal days a year which I will use for illnesses or book long weekends over the summer to go to the lake and 3 weeks of vacation time. So 30 days per year.
mom2many 07:15 AM 11-27-2012
I have the following paid holidays:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King's Birthday
President's Day
Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving & the day after
Christmas Eve, Christmas & the day after

If the holiday falls on the weekend, then I take the Monday or Friday off instead

I usually take 3 days during the summer for a long weekend and several Fridays here and there through out the year for a 3 day weekend. These days are unpaid, so I try to limit them to 5 days/year.
Blackcat31 07:19 AM 11-27-2012
I am closed:

littlemissmuffet 07:30 AM 11-27-2012
I close for 10 statutory holidays (if they fall on a weekend, I close the Friday prior or Monday following); I close for 5 consecutive vacation days in the summer months and 5 consecutive vacation days in the winter months (determined and announced January of each year so parents can plan) and I can close for up to 5 days for sick/personal or emergency time. All of this is paid. So I can be closed for up to 25 days each year. I am available the other 240 or so!
Country Kids 08:07 AM 11-27-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am closed:
  • New Years Day
  • Good Friday
  • Memorial Day
  • Labor Day
  • Halloween (NOT paid)
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Black Friday
  • A full week between Christmas and New Years (50% tution due)
  • A full week over the 4th of July (50% tuition due)
What do you do if New Years/4th of July fall on a weekend?

Also are you just taking the week of Christmas off this year since it falls during the week?
Reply Up