Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Valentine's Day Party?
Josiegirl 03:00 AM 02-05-2015
I haven't been here much lately so maybe I missed any topics about this but for those of you who do parties, what are you doing for Valentine's Day?
I need some new ideas. So unmotivated this time of year, I just want spring to be here already!!

I'm having a pajama day on the 13th, giving out treat bags with a pencil, heart straw, one of those cute washcloths you find at the dollar stores, tootsie roll pop and some cookies we're going to decorate.

We'll probably do some simple games like a Heart Hunt, but what else? I'll have 6 little girls, ranging in ages from 18 months to 4.5 yo.

I appreciate any and all replies and suggestions!! Thanks so much!!
Play Care 03:13 AM 02-05-2015
We will have a Valentine's theme, and there will be materials in the art portion of our day for the kids to make Valentine's for each other. Because four out of five of my kids attend preschool and I have 2 SA boys, they will all get parties in school. I've scaled way back on what I used to offer when I wasn't running back and forth to preschool.
Unregistered 04:30 AM 02-05-2015
We are having ours on February 12. We will have heart and pink themed food, I will make cupcakes and we will do a valentines card exchange! Thing fancy but the littles are very excited!
DaveA 05:23 AM 02-05-2015
No real party to speak of, but we'll be making red velvet cookies or cupcakes for the kids to take home as a V-Day treat.
Shell 05:37 AM 02-05-2015
I have them make a bag/box for their valentines, and they exchange valentine cards, we also have heart shaped strawberries, yogurt with red food coloring and sprinkles and decorate cupcakes. I also cut heart shapes in half (some wiggly lines, curved, etc) and they make a match with the friend that has the other half. Nothing too big, just a little something because the kids love parties.
CraftyMom 06:01 AM 02-05-2015
Thanks for some ideas!

We are having a small party, play a few games and the kids will hand out cards. We'll have treats after nap. I haven't thought too much about it yet besides looking at Pinterest quick, but I didn't have any real plans yet. Now I have some ideas
Peaches 06:50 AM 02-05-2015
I'm going to have the kids wear red, we'll make a valentines bag to take home, exchange valentines, play a heart shape matching game and maybe make valentines for their parents.
Jack Sprat 07:03 AM 02-05-2015
We are making little heart cakes for the kids to give to their parents. The kids are going to decorate the cakes. I will probably have treats for them and maybe a movie. We have been reading Valentines Day books for a week now. I have thrown around the idea of doing a little card exchange party.
Annalee 08:40 AM 02-05-2015
We are making these for the parents. http://www.wineandglue.com/2012/02/l...d-feeders.html Then we are placing them in this bag http://www.wineandglue.com/2012/02/l...d-feeders.html We will be having a pizza party ( I supply the pizza and place a menu-sign-up list for the rest and each parent signs up to bring something) and exchanging valentines.. Since we are learning about the post office this month, I went to post office and got 12 free shipping boxes for each child to place their valentines in and learn their address as well.

Oooops this is the bag https://www.pinterest.com/pin/161566705358277276/
Pepperth 04:31 PM 02-06-2015
I just went to the dollar store and bought a table cloth, some V-Day sunglasses and various props to make a photo booth.
CraftyMom 05:14 PM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:
I just went to the dollar store and bought a table cloth, some V-Day sunglasses and various props to make a photo booth.
Ha! Me too!
Controlled Chaos 08:18 PM 02-07-2015
We will be making cards for each other and putting them in their special mailboxes all week. We will do thematic crafts and have red and pink snacks.

Saturday I am having one of my pajama parties\parent night outs so that is when we will do the "party".
originalkat 10:34 AM 02-09-2015
We are going a Valentine card exchange. In addition, I always read, "The Day it Rained Hearts" and the kids throw foam hearts or fake rose petals into the air at the end.
Unregistered 10:57 AM 02-09-2015
We toss paper hearts of all sizes and colors, in the parachute. Makes for great pictures. And paint cheeks with hearts.
Controlled Chaos 11:33 AM 02-09-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We toss paper hearts of all sizes and colors, in the parachute. Makes for great pictures. And paint cheeks with hearts.
I am stealing this!
Josiegirl 03:30 AM 02-10-2015
We do the heart toss too but painting their cheeks with hearts, simple and brilliant. They'll love it and I received a face-painting kit at Christmas time. Thanks for that idea!
Unregistered 08:39 AM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
We do the heart toss too but painting their cheeks with hearts, simple and brilliant. They'll love it and I received a face-painting kit at Christmas time. Thanks for that idea!
You're welcome!
Josiegirl 09:12 AM 02-10-2015
I think in their Valentine's Take home bags, I'm going to make the cookie crayons and add those too. Something not candyish.
originalkat 10:58 AM 02-10-2015
I'm stealing this one too! Thanks!
Unregistered 11:36 AM 02-10-2015
Controlled Caos & Originalkat: steal away happy to provide a new-to-you idea!
Blackcat31 11:46 AM 02-10-2015
We don't have any type of party or special celebration planned. I don't think any of my kids (or families) are into it at all.

I, however am planning on going to Dave's. ^^
He's making red velvet cookies or cupcakes. YUM!!!
Heidi 12:40 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by Pepperth:

I have toddlers, so this one would work, maybe. They're really too little to "make" things, so the cute crafts don't really work for us.
daycare 05:46 PM 02-10-2015
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
Ha! Me too!
I got mine at walmart it has all kinds of props on sticks and came with a backdrop. my favorite one is the mustache....

We will make photo frames from construction paper and then put their funny pics in it...
Reply Up